12/2015
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
West Orange
I've been using this guy –
Pill crusher syringe found on amazon to crush my pills. It works great for a week or so, then becomes increasingly tighter and harder to pull and twist. I broke the handle off the first one I got because it became too tight. Any suggestions on how to make this thing last longer? I have some other options, but this one is the most convenient as I don't have to crush and then transfer to another syringe.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry had to remove link per forum rules.

Did you try the suggestion of vegetable oil to lubricate the syringe? ( not in your med!) it is a problem with repeated use of any kind of syringe. They lose their glide after a few rinses. We had it with my sister's feeding tube flush syringes

Sorry about that. I would have posted a picture but couldn't figure out how to do it.

I'll try the vegetable oil. It just works so well at first but then becomes incredibly tough. Would you lube it up, then rinse it off before putting the meds in?

We spray a little bit of Pam on just the rubber part of the plunger on the syringes we use for giving water and meds to keep them working.

I use a mortar and pestle and a regular syringe. The weight of the pestle makes crushing much easier than twisting. We find syringes only last a week. Fortunately the government pays for mine, now where do you keep 60 60ml syringes in a small condo?
Vincent

Last edited:
Good old mortar and pestle won't break and then regular syringes are all that's needed at our home.

I gave up on the pill crusher syringe. After 2 weeks it's just impossible to use the plunger. So I have a grinder and I go with the usual 60ml syringe with plungers that actually work. I have a box of 50 of them in the closet. I think they'll last a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back