Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Right up there with pictures of smashed toenails. I'm not ok with right up and close pictures of the interiors of peoples' mouths that unexpectedly and gratuitiously appear in the DIHALS section. It's like nails on a blackboard to me. And there doesn't seem to be a way for me to block pictures and only see text. I'd like to continue reading the DIHALS section and possibly contribute without being assaulted by the moist maws of young men who have anxiety and want people to LOOK AT THEIR TONGUES.

Ew.

Complaint over

Firefox has a conditional Image Block plugin available (puts toggle button in add-on bar); imagine other browsers do, as well, for ppl on slow connections. I just tried it on Mr. Tongue's thread and it was good -- showed there was a video but not the preview image.

Last edited:
Ayup. Nasty, ain't it!

For what it's worth, I enjoy all videos of body parts--the bloodier the better. I could have been a surgeon if I was smarter, bothered to study at all, had a higher IQ, wasn't so lazy, and worked hard through school. But other than that, I'd be a surgeon.

That said, I agree we don't need body photos or videos--they're pretty useless. I don't encourage them.

having been a veterinary nurse, nurse and mother I've got to go see the tongue now just so I can go "oh gross!!!!!"

sorry ... it's early morning so I can't even lose my breakfast as I haven't eaten yet.

I'm ok with "live" tongue viewing, and when it's voluntary examinations from people I know asking for my opinion. It's just the random and unexpected strangers' tongues on the internet I get squeamish about. Guerrilla tongue picture bombing!

If his oral hygiene had been ok I would have coped - Mike you did a great job pointing all that out to him, I'm not touching that thread :lol:

Shiftkicker you are talking about the video I presume?
You keep saying pictures of, but I only saw the you tube stuff since my log in yesterday...

I shall persist in calling them pictures, because I refuse to press play to actually animate it!

The most recent was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mind you, not as bad as some of the "Check out my big toe!", or "It looks like the skate wheel actually went right in!" pictures from after games in my old roller derby days. At least I knew those people- some of whom actually bought me drinks first.

Last edited:
ahhh, my adblocker doesn't show the picture on the you tube insert :D

Roller derby! I knew there was something different about you. :)

If his oral hygiene had been ok I would have coped - Mike you did a great job pointing all that out to him, I'm not touching that thread :lol:

As Max would say: Ditto that!

Looking at a tongue is the same as squishing a zit or getting a snot...it's ok when it's yours but watching someone else...NO.

I must have missed those posts. Darn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back