Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Boulder
January 2006
That is me in the dress - my dad in the white with the beer in his hand between my mom and grandmother. This was my graduation/going away party. This was the last time anyone says they remember "the old Kenny". His health declined rapidly after this, even though diagnoses was only in October of 2005 (three months prior)

September 2006
My father is the one in the middle. His brother is on the left, and his son (my brother) on his right. They lifted him out of his wheelchair for a photograph at the Walk to d'Feet because he didn't want photos of him in a chair.

March 2007
This was his birthday when he turned 52. You can see that he has atrophy of the hands by this time. He could not feed himself any longer but he would sit in a lazy boy most of the day so that visitors didn't notice how ill he was.

February 2008
My mother making a goofy face :)
My father wears chucks 24/7 because of the amount of drool he has. We are at my brother's University for one of his volleyball games.

jrien...., thanks a bunch for sharing those pics with us. Nice family, handsome men, and nice looking ladies. God bless each one of you. You are of Catholic faith, aren't you?

Irma

Thank you so much for sharing!

You are a wonderful daughter! I was thinking it would be great if everyone could post pics of their PALS!

That would be nice, jimer! I have lots of pics of my son, but my computer is not equipped for that! I am lucky to be posting! LOL! God bless you, dear!

Irma

jrien...., thanks a bunch for sharing those pics with us. Nice family, handsome men, and nice looking ladies. God bless each one of you. You are of Catholic faith, aren't you?

Irma

Irma-

My parents were both raised Lutheran, as was I - but I haven't been in a church since I was 13, so over ten years now.

And I agree that others should post pictures. I wanted people to see my father with a smile on his face despite his illness.

Last edited:
"I wanted people to see my father with a smile on his face despite his illness."
You sound like a great daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back