picking at your brains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pals was six years in the army reserves. Never left the country...but he did get the shots.

>it all military

all services, no specific demographic except a willingness to serve :)

Is it all military or ones that have been in war zones that are diagnosed mostly?

The military commissioned a study because the 1991 Gulf War veterans showed up as having much more ALS than the general population. Strangely, the disease wasn't just concentrated in the war zone. Instead, servicemembers all around the world were affected.

For reasons I don't know (perhaps never published) the VA decided to "presume" that any servicemember, from any time period, could have ALS connected to military service. They only require that the patient had served 90 days of active duty.

FWIW, my PALS was never in the war zone.

>For reasons I don't know (perhaps never published) the VA decided to "presume" that any servicemember, from any time period, could have ALS connected to military service.

conspiracy theory pending :)

Doesn't seem to matter which branch, where you served, when you served or what your job was

Something the recruiters leave out! I'm assuming even if they found the connection, it would never be made public.

Something the recruiters leave out! I'm assuming even if they found the connection, it would never be made public.

Probably right since they don't even warn you that your chances of getting ALS are greater. They still haven't told us what we were exposed to in Europe in the 80's that causes the blood donor services like Red Cross to refuse our blood.

It is mad cow Dalvin for Europe in the 80ies

Maybe that's why I'm nuts now

If they found out a connection with the vaccinations...and gave it the 90 day limit...none of the reserve personal are counted in their numbers . They arnt elligable for any benefits. It would be interesting to see how many there are.

......................physical requirements of the military...................

seems to me this is the link,
Military, athletes, or people extreamly active and healthy otherwise seem to be in large numbers around here

From my reading it seems that the Air Force has the highest incidence of neurological diseases in the military. My husband was the fuel chief during one of the "Desert somethings" and they had their blood drawn every 3 months for heavy metals. Interestingly during my husbands first stay in the Seattle VA for workups we met a chap that had an extremely aggressive MS and had been in the airforce. He said that out of his entire regiment 80% were either dead or had MS, now that is staggering. He was responsible for de-icing the planes and they were drenched in the chemical all the time. He did say that they connected it to one particular chemical in the de-icer, but all I remember is that in ended in "ine".
I spent every waking hour doing research in the first year of my husband's disease, tried every natural treatment, but he continued to progress at a fairly rapid rate. Now we spend our time experiencing as much of God's Glory on this earth that we are able to, and enjoy all the nature around us. I am glad I did the research as I did find things that have assisted my husband a lot, that were available in the US and not in Canada so we were able to make arrangements to get them for him.
I believe that we all go through stages in this journey and you are in the research stage.

Paulette

According to the "Ask the experts" session from last year (You can find the videos on MND NSW site), of all medical specialties Neurologists present with the highest incidence of developing ALS. Now they didn't say how much higher, but it's pretty weird I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back