Physical therapy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish i knew how to make a new thread but alas, i don't or i'd put my post into it

I have copy and pasted hopeangel's post to a new thread all it's own. Please deal with it there.
When you look at the Threads in Forum page there is a big blue button up top left that says NEW THREAD, that's how you do it

Basic range of motion is very easy to learn. It will help if done properly. I can't speak for other exercise, but range of motion should be done on all PALS--especially the bedridden and those with paralyzed limbs.

For the hand, it's a simple matter of moving each finger -- easiest way is to put the hand into a fist--assuring that all fingers bend at each joint. For legs, move the leg up as if the patient were riding a bike (knee bent toward chest--stop at first sign of discomfort unless taught otherwise by a trained PT or MD) for ankle, rotate gently or push as if pushing a gas pedal.. For arms and legs both--move limbs as if the patient is making a snow angel.

That's the basic ROM -- there are a few others, but they are hard to describe here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back