Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I have read a lot about folks getting range of motion therapy and some cardio type stuff. I have pretty good range of motion, but not perfect. I have a sever loss of strength, as I suspect a number of folks on here do.

My problem is that my muscles feel like I have just finished a workout like in the days I was playing sports. They are weak and very sore. Is there any REAL benefit from massage therapy? What I mean is there any benefit to the muscles? I know there can be a mental benefit, but with ALS can massage therapy provide any pain relief? Can it provide extended ROM?

Massage therapy is beneficial as it helps to loosen up tight muscles and can also help with painful muscle spasms.

my husband loved massage therapy--helps with circulation, spasms, relaxation, and loosens everything up to make ROM easier. individual therapists may do ROM for you as well while they are doing the massage.

massage really does help my PALS and ROM

He says that everything feels very heavy, and after massage feels light again.

He has problems with his fingers curling, and frozen shoulder. I'm seeing a physio next week who is going to help show me techniques and talk about which are the important muscles for the shoulder freezing and how to work on them.

I know he would say - get as much massage as possible it will make a huge difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back