Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Can any PALS tell me about the progression of losing feeling?

My husband has muscle atrophy in both arms and has lost fine motor skills in hands, but he can still lift stuff- just get out of the way in case he drops it! :-?

Today he was working on our storage shed (been going on for 2 years) and obviously everything he does, especially with the heat down here in H3%@ GA, he is in sllloooowww motion. Well he comes in and says, "Does this look like a snake bite to you?" We've had a real problem with Copperheads in these "here" parts, and hubby killed a large one last week! He showed me the wound and it did look like a snake had attempted to bite him. He said it just stings a little.

the fang marks are there, but just barely punctured his skin. Kinda like when a kid pinches you with long finger nails.

So, do y'all have less feeling when you start losing muscle?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm worried he will fall and not know he's broken or sprained something...

My huband has the atrophy in both arms and I just asked him and yes he would be
able to feel if I pinched him so hope that answers your question.

Oh my goodness, the thought of a snake bite terrifies me. Will say a pray right now for your husband.

I would have to say my extremities are more sensitive especially heat and cold. Nerves closer to the skin from atrophy? If he falls and breaks something he'll know it I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back