Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
OK
City
Edmond
Used only 5 times. Color is orange. Does have the rise function and forward tilt. No standing function. Has Roho cushion with sensor.
$2500

For those considering this chair, here are some things to consider.

If orange is not your color choice, it is pretty easy to change the shroud to a different color. Permobil sells these in a variety of colors which can be purchased from vendors like NuMotion or much more cost effectively off of ebay (when they are available). I have read of people having the shrouds custom painted as well.

From the posting, I can't tell if the listed wheelchair has power legrests, power tilt, and power recline. Since it apparently has power seat elevate and power anterior tilt, it likely has those other power functions, but it would be good to clarify with the seller before purchasing.

The F3 is kind of the standard Medicare-provided Permobil wheelchair. I haved tested one and it is a very capable wheelchair. I find that the F3 does not work well for me. I am tall (6' 3") because wheelchair tips too easily for me. I prefer the F5.

I bought a used F5 locally with 125 miles on it for $3,500. It had a custom seat that needed to be replaced. Doing that and buying all the bits and pieces I needed cost another $1,500. All parts were purchased from ebay or were donations to keep the price that low.

If you buy any used wheelchair, be prepared to spend $1,000 or more getting it fitted to you. Also, be aware that the batteries may need to be replaced. A new set of MK gel batteries (they only kind I would consider) cost around $500 if bought online and around $1,000 if bought from numotion.

I have had good experience buying used wheelchairs. I encourage everyone to have a backup wheelchair. If you don't have one, something like an F3 might be worth considering.

Steve

For those considering this chair, here are some things to consider.

If orange is not your color choice, it is pretty easy to change the shroud to a different color. Permobil sells these in a variety of colors which can be purchased from vendors like NuMotion or much more cost effectively off of ebay (when they are available). I have read of people having the shrouds custom painted as well.

From the posting, I can't tell if the listed wheelchair has power legrests, power tilt, and power recline. Since it apparently has power seat elevate and power anterior tilt, it likely has those other power functions, but it would be good to clarify with the seller before purchasing.

The F3 is kind of the standard Medicare-provided Permobil wheelchair. I haved tested one and it is a very capable wheelchair. I find that the F3 does not work well for me. I am tall (6' 3") because wheelchair tips too easily for me. I prefer the F5.

I bought a used F5 locally with 125 miles on it for $3,500. It had a custom seat that needed to be replaced. Doing that and buying all the bits and pieces I needed cost another $1,500. All parts were purchased from ebay or were donations to keep the price that low.

If you buy any used wheelchair, be prepared to spend $1,000 or more getting it fitted to you. Also, be aware that the batteries may need to be replaced. A new set of MK gel batteries (they only kind I would consider) cost around $500 if bought online and around $1,000 if bought from numotion.

I have had good experience buying used wheelchairs. I encourage everyone to have a backup wheelchair. If you don't have one, something like an F3 might be worth considering.

Steve
Thanks Steve. It does have the power leg lifts and recline function. Only purchased it about 4 months ago. (My husband went very fast) so shouldn't need new batteries or Roho cushion. Husband was 5'7", 180 lbs.
Stacy

Stacy, something folks might want to know is how many miles are on the chair. I suspect it has very low miles (like less than 20). If you don't know how, you can find the miles using the joystick module.

With the newer rectangular joystick module, press and hold the button in the top left corner. After a few seconds, that will cause a menu to be displayed. Use the joystick to scroll down to the distance line. Move the joystick right to select that. It will display both an odometer and a tripmeter. The odometer is the total miles on the chair and the tripmeter is the number of miles since the trip meter was reset. Use the joystick to navigate to exit (multiple levels) until you are back to the normal wheelchair display. The odometer reading is the one folks might be interested in.

I also believe that the batteries should be fine in a 4 month old wheelchair with limited miles.

If I was in the market for a wheelchair, this is one I would seriously consider. Unfortunately, I now have a fleet of 5 wheelchairs. We would need to buy a bigger house before we buy another wheelchair:)!

Stacy, if I can help answer any questions you encounter as you try to sell this wheelchair, please let me know. I would be glad to help.

Steve

Stacy, something folks might want to know is how many miles are on the chair. I suspect it has very low miles (like less than 20). If you don't know how, you can find the miles using the joystick module.

With the newer rectangular joystick module, press and hold the button in the top left corner. After a few seconds, that will cause a menu to be displayed. Use the joystick to scroll down to the distance line. Move the joystick right to select that. It will display both an odometer and a tripmeter. The odometer is the total miles on the chair and the tripmeter is the number of miles since the trip meter was reset. Use the joystick to navigate to exit (multiple levels) until you are back to the normal wheelchair display. The odometer reading is the one folks might be interested in.

I also believe that the batteries should be fine in a 4 month old wheelchair with limited miles.

If I was in the market for a wheelchair, this is one I would seriously consider. Unfortunately, I now have a fleet of 5 wheelchairs. We would need to buy a bigger house before we buy another wheelchair:)!

Stacy, if I can help answer any questions you encounter as you try to sell this wheelchair, please let me know. I would be glad to help.

Steve
6 miles on the chair. Thanks for that help.

Steve
It didn't post, but only 6.2 miles on the chair. He didn't have enough time to use it.....

Back