Permobil Powerchair Unitrack Hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, thank you! Big plus of the plastic hooks, they won't destroy everything they scrape as you would with metal ones. They are relentless!

The workshop where my PALS Permobil chair was repaired attached two simple metal hooks you could find in home depot because I insisted on carrying home heavy groceries when my boyfriend has motor support. Brand parts are insanely expensive and they didn't bother with the whole process with the health insurance but just made it work.

I took an even simpler track - 2 Command hooks on the back of my PALS Permobil. They've been on well over a year with no signs trouble. Cost less than $5.

I took an even simpler track - 2 Command hooks on the back of my PALS Permobil. They've been on well over a year with no signs trouble. Cost less than $5.

That's a great idea

We looped bags over the headrest stem as we had no depth to spare.

My only question with the command hooks, is how will they hold up to some weight. The Trilogy is what we need to carry and would think is to heavy.

I think the different size command hooks are weight-rated. I hook a messenger type bag with various items for my PALS on the back. I have also at times added on my pocketbook and other packages. Never had a problem. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll compare the weight of his bag to his Trilogy.

Waldo,

So sorry I did not post back yet. The weight of his bag whennits loaded up seems to be about the same as the Trilogy. My only concern would be how you would attach the Trilogy unit. When we got DH's latest one, it came with a case. The strap of the case would fit over the hooks I have. If you do not have a case, and had to use the handle on the Trilogy, I'm not sure it would fit in the opening of the hooks - at least the ones I have. I was out last week and did see bigger ones - rated for 7.5 lbs each. The openings looked much wider than the ones I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back