Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
PA
City
Zelienople
I know this was touched on about a year ago, but I'm striking out finding a cup holder for my Permobil M3. I see a couple of helpful-looking items on their site, but there's no way to buy them. A couple off third parties say they sell them, but you have to request a quote and register. The "Nearly Universal" holder won't fit my chair arms.
So far the likeliest solution was a woman with a Youtube video about attaching a metal plate to her armrest and using L-brackets to create a holder.
I'm astonished how few options there seem to be. Has anyone figured out how to buy the factory stuff or a source for compatibles?

If you're talking about the Permobil/ RAM Mounts self-leveling cup holder, it and some others are shown priced out on Medical Products Direct.

I went through this too. Permobil could surely make a killing if they had one. I used the "nearly universal" but we cut off the plastic ridges and added velcro, and even then it was tippy and required frequent adjustment.

Thanks, Laurie. I don't see any Permobil products on Medical Products Direct. They have a cup holder and a tablet holder but nothing that will attach to my chair.
I find it very odd that Permobil shows accessories like the cup holder and tablet holder on their web site but there doesn't seem to be any way to buy them.

I see a drink holder and combo drink/phone holder on snapitproducts dot com, which includes a mounting bracket which attaches to the tracks under the chair arm.

The "self leveling" drink holder is made for Permobil by RAM Mounts -- They're restricted sometimes from listing "Permobil" in clear text. It's a channel marketing thing.

I would check the specs though bc it was made for the last gen (M300 etc.). I think it should be compatible but the specs are at the bottom of the page I mentioned.

I bought the Permobil-branded self leveling cup holder for my C500s VS from my local DME (NuMotion) 6 years ago. If I remember right, it was $65.

I have occasionally seen them pop up on ebay.

Steve

I believe on the RAM website, you can enter the kind of attachment you are looking for and your model of wheelchair - it will give you options that fit the parameters along with the price.

I couldn't find anything that had a cupholder and a phone holder so I had to make my own. I used all Ram mount parts. I cut the self levelling bracket off the cupholder and mounted it using the holes on the bottom. 1st I attached it to the bottom of my arm but then later added a Swing away mount. It works great I use 16 Gauge stainless steel. Attached are some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_9586.jpg
    IMG_9586.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_9582.jpg
    IMG_9582.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_9584.jpg
    IMG_9584.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 426
I got my husband's Permobil cup holder from his DME. What I found was the cup holder was actually a RAM Mount. The only unique piece was the plate that attached under the PWC arm. When he broke the cupholder off coming in a doorway, I simply ordered a replacement RAM Mount from Amazon. As his needs changed, I got a double socket arm and ball adapters to raise and swivel the cup holder to where he could reach it.

Do a google search for "ram cup holder" you will different prices, different connections. I got one at Twisted Throttle for 18.79 including shipping on 3/31/21. It was a clearance item, so hunt around. I too have a M3 and I attached it to the outside tract underneath the right arm.

One thing I did was I mounted a cup holder on a microphone boom so my sister can just pull up whenever she wants a sip as her arms are what she refers to "purely decorative" lol. Love her attitude, so humbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back