Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MN
City
Spring Valley
My mother recently passed and I am needing to rehome her new chair. It is located in Minnesota and delivery is possible. This model is pink and comes with all the manuals and accessories. Stored indoors. I'm not entirely familiar with resale of medical equipment but I am asking a solid $15,000. (Original purchase just under $75,000. Sale records available.)
Delivery is available for a fee.
Better photos available upon request. I took these before moving

Attachments

• 20220418_113440.jpg
    20220418_113440.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 404
  • 20220418_113451.jpg
    20220418_113451.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
  • 20220418_113517.jpg
    20220418_113517.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 266
  • 20220418_113504.jpg
    20220418_113504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
That is a nice wheelchair, though pink would not be my first color choice.

For price, look at completed listings on ebay. Also look at craigslist. There always seems to be a few f5 vs wheelchairs listed.

In general, I find used wheelchairs sell for about what the initial out of pocket cost of the wheelchair was after insurance paid its part.

I belive your asking price is high for a private party seller.

For example, I bought a used F5 (non vs) for $3,500. New, that wheelchair was over $55.000.

Whoever buys the chair will need to spend an additional one to two thousand dollars getting it to fit them just right.

When I buy a used wheelchair, regardless of age or condition, I budget for new batteries, upholstery, sizing compnents, etc.

When listing the chair be sure to have a picture showing total miles and a picture showing the manufacturing tag (which has date of manufacture and serial number).

You are most likely to sell locally. Selling a heavy, complicated, and expensive item can be hard to do to a long distance buyer.. Selling one that is pink further limits the number of potential buyers.

If you are unable to sell it, you can donate to a local organization. Such as ASLA.

Steve

My electric wheelchair was supplied by the ALS society free of charge. Here in Ontario they supply everything from power wheelchairs to hospital beds and down to commodes. Here the ALS society is here for the Pals. All you have to do is ask for it and it's delivered within a week.
Al

Last edited:
Al, you live in a very sane (maybe a little chilly), compassionate country. Some places in the states have good levels of care and responsiveness, whether from nonprofits or within the medical field. But no matter where we live here, families must deal with a myriad of insurance problems and costs.

For many pALS and their families, the cost of coverage and more importantly, what is not covered, can totally wipe out savings. Not to mention the lengthy, cumbersome and potentially life threatening delays in providing medical equipment. The stress of that alone can be unbearable.

Sorry. Got off topic.

Not so chilly today, it is about 85 degrees today.

Back