Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
US
State
NC
City
Leland
This Permobil F3 Corpus Power Wheelchair is in Like New Condition and has Power Tilt, Recline, Leg Lift, ROHO seat which is 17 x 17”. Permobill offers the smallest footprint so it lets’ users move quickly in and out of tight spaces like busy streets, etc. Only used 2 years. Retails for ~$35,000 and selling for only $6,500.00.

For those considering purchasing this wheelchair, I encourage you to look around at what used F3 wheelchair sell for.

The most recent completed sale on ebay went for $1,000.

I see essentially unused (less than 20 miles) F3 wheelchairs for sale on craigslist for $3,000 or less.

Used wheelchairs just don't have as much value as it seems like they should given their high initial cost.

Steve

Steve is absolutely right. Everyone see the prices the insurance company pays and thinks wow I'm going to make some money when we no longer need this! They forget that the poor average person in need of a wheelchair is rarely in a position to spend thousands. That is why insurance exists in the first place. I know a few people who could afford it if they want, but it turns out that they usually have exceptional insurance coverage and don't need to.
Jim

Thanks for everyone's input. I had no idea and didn't do enough research on the prices of used power chairs- I was going by what someone who I trusted told me. I have decided to DONATE this chair to the ALS Loan Closet in NC.

That is very generous. Thank you

Back