People need to get a life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina- you said it all.
Irma- I am beat myself. Off to bed for me!

I hope everybody is civil and upbeat and gracious and courageous for the rest of the evening. Please remember, you do not have to support everybody. You do not have to agree with everybody, or even like them. But sometimes airing those differences does no good. Sometimes it does more good to say nothing at all.

You wanna know something you bunch of cry baby a --holes. I went to my best friends house tonight. First time in 6 months because we didn't have a ramp for my wheelchair. I'm hardly able to stand because I DO HAVE ALS.
I had to stand in the doorway of the bathroom to pee using a urinal because the chair wouldn't go in the bathroom. Due to a slight mishap I peed on my friends floor. Have any of you poor souls either diagnosed or not, any idea how embarrassing this is and was? Pardon me for not sympathizing with everyone who has been offended by someone who may or may not have lied or exaggerated about themselves but damn it all this disease stinks and anyone who would want it or pretend they have it is one sick b-stard.
Let's drop it. If you're upset, go somewhere else. If you're a crook, scammer, nut job or whatever else, just go away. There are real people with real illnesses and not all ALS that come here for support. I've said it before. Love us or leave us.
AL.

Well said Al. As Jamie once said "still fighting fires".

Yep Al... totally get what you are saying and my heart breaks for all the indignities people with any disabling disease have heaped on them... as if the disease itself is not enough.
ALS sucks... but, people with ALS are my heros. I wouldn't give a hoot if you peed on my floor... but, I'm sensitive to the fact that you would care about it.

As Usual AL right on the money. I have just about given up going to friends houses because of bad experiences, like getting on the toilet and having to call out for help to get up, almost tearing the bottom of my wheelchair up trying to cross a threshold that was one brick high, having a sudden urge to go and by the time I got there it was too late.

This disease has limited my ability to visit friends and they are offended that I do not come over more often. Yet when I go they are dumb founded about what to do with me when normal bodily functions arise.

I got stuck in a movie theaters, so called handicapped bathroom stall, because it was too small to move my chair to open the door. There are many more stories that are too embarrassing to even mention.

Consider yourself blessed if you do not have this disease. Thank you AL for being the voice of reason for us all. You are the Papa Eagle looking over the chicks. :)

God Bless
Capt AL
AL-avatar-010.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back