People getting GM 604 in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have discussed this before, several times. The piece you are linking to is PR by the company, not a third party report of scientific research. That Japan has approved it signifies a safety rather than efficacy record.

If you compare the writing and measures of success used with "real" pharmaceutical companies (whatever you may think of them, they have brought numerous effective treatments into the world), you see that they are quoting patients' e-mails -- patients who knew they were getting and fought to get this particular drug. There are no objective measures here at all apart from previously-reported trials with very weak results, so weak that investigators publicly rebuked the company for mischaracterizing progress and obscuring raw data. There is no evidence this drug will ever get to market in the US, and that is not, as the company would have it, some vast conspiracy. Taking it is one thing. Going abroad to get it is another.

Jen, we have posted strategies that seem to work for more people, more reliably and less expensively. I will stand by my advice to max out those out.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree that compelling is an accurate statement. Genervon is trying to stir up support.

The patient in Italy had to sue to gain access. It didn't specify how the South African obtained it. The Argintinian got it in a trial.

It's unlikely that an American showing up in one of these countries would be granted access.

I am getting discouraged by the FDA and the lengthy clinical trial process.

We have discussed this before, several times. The piece you are linking to is PR by the company, not a third party report of scientific research. That Japan has approved it signifies a safety rather than efficacy record.

If you compare the writing and measures of success used with "real" pharmaceutical companies (whatever you may think of them, they have brought numerous effective treatments into the world), you see that they are quoting patients' e-mails -- patients who knew they were getting and fought to get this particular drug. There are no objective measures here at all apart from previously-reported trials with very weak results, so weak that investigators publicly rebuked the company for mischaracterizing progress and obscuring raw data. There is no evidence this drug will ever get to market in the US, and that is not, as the company would have it, some vast conspiracy. Taking it is one thing. Going abroad to get it is another.

Jen, we have posted strategies that seem to work for more people, more reliably and less expensively. I will stand by my advice to max out those out.

Best,
Laurie

I see what you're saying. I thought this was new info since the
PR was new.
Thanks,
Jen

Before the Thalidomide disaster the FDA's charge was to promote the development of medications. After the direction changed to assure safety first. I understand the need for safety, but I've read knowledgeable writers proclaim that the Salk Vaccine would never meet the current FDA standards. I would like public policy to take into consideration the situation a PAL faces.

Before the Thalidomide disaster the FDA's charge was to promote the development of medications. After the direction changed to assure safety first. I understand the need for safety, but I've read knowledgeable writers proclaim that the Salk Vaccine would never meet the current FDA standards. I would like public policy to take into consideration the situation a PAL faces.
I agree. I think the FDA is controlled to a large degree by the big pharmaceutical companies. I'm not a total conspiracy nut, but their goal is profit, not cures. No diseases today are cured. They are treated.

No diseases cured? Raise your hand if you have never been cured of any. This is not productive.

Diseases that have been cured include Smallpox, Polio, Measles, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Typhoid Fever, Whooping Cough, Pneumococcal disease, Tuberculosis, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Chickenpox, Rabies, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia and trichomoniasis, Lyme, necrotizing fasciitis…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back