Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Barboursville
Hi, I was diagnosed with Bulbar Onset about 7 months ago. I am still able to eat some things, but they recommended that I get the PEG now, while I’m still fairly fit. My problem is that they situated under my breast, which is large. When I sit, my breast covers it, and it gets irritated. I gave up underwires when I retired, and have been wearing cotton bras that hook in front. The nurses with whom I’m working have urged me to get a maternity bra for support, or barring that, a sports bra. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

If no one here can help consider asking on the adult tube feeding group on facebook. Not specific to ALS but lots of feeding tube experience there. Maybe after a time you can switch to a button which might be easier

I hope you can work out a comfortable solution and congratulations on getting the tube early.

the mic key button more comfortable under there than dangling t be tube. Keep it dry and I use antifungal powder under breasts. Finally gave up bras and much better!

Mine is situated about 2 inches below my left breast. I do not have the problem you describe unless I hunch and slouch a lot, then the bottom of my breast rests against top of the bumper. I agree with Nikki- I'd ask this on the Adult tube feeding group on FB. You might also try some more supportive bras that lift you higher. G-tube aside, I had to buy a more supportive bra as I've had more weakness in the muscles that hold them up. I was starting to have pain from their weight. Now I often sleep in a bra even.

I do find it annoying to see my stoma for cleaning purposes around my breast, darn thing blocks my line of sight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back