02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello everyone,

I was planning on making a trip on Saturday out to Victoria to see our 20 year old son who's attending University there but I got a call yesterday from the ALS clinic. I am now going to Edmonton instead to have a PEG tube put in on Thursday. Can't say that I'm looking forward to it, I'd much rather go to the coast and have crumpets and beer! Other than the fact that I can't swallow or talk very well I am in pretty good shape so hopefully all will go well and I'll let everyone know how it went when I get back home. :)

Barry

Don't worry Barry, it is a simple procedure. You should still be able to go to Victoria on Saturday. Have they told you different?

Barry-
Wishing you the best for your peg day-I'm sure you'll do fine
take good care,
-b

Joelc
Thanks for the reassurance. No, they haven't told me anything about recuperation time but I would be driving out to Victoria so I don't know. When I was younger (two years ago) I used to drive one long day (about 14 hrs including 1 1/2 hrs on the ferry) but was planning to do two shorter days. It's my son's reading week so maybe I'll feel up to going later next week.

There is no recovery, it was immediate for me. I could have made that drive 30 minutes after having it done. I pray the same for you!

As Larry the Cable Guy says... "Git'er Done"

Hope it goes well and you can still make the trip.

p.s. What is "reading week"? I am a slow Southern boy...:p

Barry,

The very best of luck to you! let us know how it goes.

(ktmj - think reading week means tests like US mid terms, but don't actually know for sure...)

Tube Tips

A piece of advice to all: Don't sneeze or cough while the tube is open. :shock:

It should go very smoothly, Barry. I took it easy for a day afterwards, but as Joel said, there wasn't much of a "recovery" time.

Good luck.

I had cramps for about a week in my stomach. Apparently the peg was too tight - ratio of inside and outside. Once the doctor loosened it the cramps stopped. Just info. You should be fine. If you have a bi-pap remember to take it with you.

Sharonca

Thanks everyone;

I think that reading week is the same as spring break, except that in Canada it's not spring yet (except in Victoria). All of the students have the week off to do assignments and catch up on their studies (ha, ha). ;-)

OK, reading week. I bet none of them end up in Cancun, Panama City, San Diego, etc. They are very studious I'm sure. I was on my spring breaks.:razz:

Ya right. Think the dirt bike gives you away.

AL.

Barry, good luck with your peg tube on Thursday. Keep us posted as soon as you can.
You will be in my thoughts.

Barry - good luck from me as well. You'll be glad you did it.
Dan

Barry, how did it go? We've been thinking about you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back