09/2017
Country
SP
State
NY
City
Lugo
Hello!

Back in this forum after a few months! My dad has been steady: UMN signs progressing and no LMN signs as of yet.

I am writing to you to ask for advice regarding the management of Pseudo-Bulbar Affect. My dad´s outbursts of laughing and crying have been getting worse and it is starting to interfere with his daily life -he loves going to the cinema and to the theatre but he is ashamed because sometimes he starts to cry or laugh uncontrollably.

Do people have advice to keep PBA under check? Anything -from meds to tricks- would be appreciated.

Can you get Nuedexta there? If you can and he has no medical contraindication it is the treatment of choice. It may not completely take it away but most find it helps a lot. Also some ( anecdotally and in a trial) find it temporarily helps with swallow

Thank you. I´ll ask the neurologist when we have the next appointment.

If it isn’t soon can you call? PBA really is miserable

I second that and encourage you to call for a prescription. I went on it early and had to come off it for about six weeks this winter when my insurance company questioned my need. I was a mess until I started back on it. I hope you can get it, and that it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back