Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Dover
hi Mike i received an Eyegaze Edge from LC Technologies. i got a few months ago, it came with Grid 2 software. i think they are based in Virginia, the owner was previously involved with ERICA Systems. before that i spent about 9 months unable to communicate, or go online. that i do not recommend... getting this tablet is a blessing, medicare and insurance covered all the cost. tobii is more popular, i am happy with this

Re: Important question

Mike, my eyes move. that is all that is needed for eye tracking technology.

i enjoy smoke up me kilt, thank u. this is a tremendous site, u moderators police it heavily and offer enormous amounts of help. i appreciate if u were trying to vet, verify me. if u want to look more i have been a member at ALS TDI for years, under the same name.

the cals and moderators here are amazing. you are a fine fella Mike.

pat

Last edited by a moderator:

I have insulted you. I'm sorry about that.
I seriously was asking only about your hardware and software because I was impressed with the quality of your communications. Apparently I wasn't sensitive to knowing how my question might look.
I'm truly sorry, and I'll delete the offending inquiries.

Mike u r such a kind man. i was not offended at all. i was serious about policing. yall seem very on top things. at ALS TDI, i think we had some of the same suspicious character(s), yall handle things promptly.

now yall apologize when u didnt do anything. i've died and gone to als heaven. this site is too great. Mike u r Superman. i am sorry i made u think u needed to apologize.

i dont know how, yall run such a great site, but u do.

Damn, Pat, you're gonna swell his head!

;^)

yeah bro, i was a bit much. but this whole site blows my mind.... facing als without this would a bit much. i got so much info from this site the past couple months.

you're a moderator too... how many u guys got? its like a Zombie movie, yall everywhere.. i was dx the same month and year as u

I moved this from the other thread because 1 I wanted to make Pat's eyegaze comment easier to find and because the other thread which is very important was drifting off course.

Thank you for your kind words about the forum Pat. There are currently 4 moderators plus the owner/ admin David. Besides Mike and Greg and me we have Laurie. It is nice having the balance of PALS and CALS as we have differing perspectives.

I am very glad you have found us and enjoy the site

Thanks for clarifying, Pat. I can't imagine an ALS forum without the active involvement of its members. Besides the mods, we all get great support from non-mod members. For years, our top helper has been user Affected. She has really been invaluable to keeping us organized and peaceful.

My husband, Frank, tried the Tobii a few weeks ago. He wears glasses and has a very strong prescription lens and the Tobii was unable to work when he had his glasses on. It would work without his glasses but since he can't see anything without his glasses, this was not a viable option.

Pat, do you think it would be worth trying the Eyegaze Edge? Does any one have input as to which devices work well with eyeglasses?

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I have the TobIi eye gaze I15+ and it did not calibrate well with my progressive lenses. I got a pair of single lense reading glasses that calibrate just fine which is what I use with the Tobii.

We had good luck with thin glasses when we used FRS Solutions and their ComLink LT3G with Enable Eyes II.

Thanks, azgirl. He does have progressive lenses. The speech therapist who worked with us said it should work since he has invisible progressive lenses but it obviously did not work. We will try your suggestion.

Sharon

We had a guy at our local support meeting demonstrate a Tobii. He admitted that it did not work well with progressive lenses and told the two members who had one to buy a pair of plain glasses that worked. They were very frustrated until they heard of this possible solution

Patch yeah,

Love your happy report on the eye gaze system you're using.

Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back