Past CALS Rollcall

Mary, you've been on my mind. That's great that you are trying the Enneagram workshop. Please let us know how it goes.

Just 2 of us were there and the facilitator. The facilitator was good and we spoke about how my profile meant I was a caregiver by nature and also that I see different points of view and can therefore have trouble making decisions. For next week she wanted us to watch a movie about a horse such as Black Beauty or Sea Biscuit so we could talk about the Hero's journey. Unfortunately she records the sessions and I am uncomfortable with this. So I have decided not to participate further. I have an appointment with a grief coach this Thursday. This will be a private setting and a better fit for me.

Reactions: MJT
Mary, you need to do what is right for you. I hope your grief coach will be a better experience.

I had some exciting news this week. I had 4 paintings accepted into a show at my local library. It was something I started when my husband was diagnosed to help me deal with things. It has turned into a passion, and he would have been so proud. He was always so encouraging.

V

Kudos, V! He would definitely be over the moon. I for one would love to see photos!

• Love
Reactions: MJT
Wow! That's terrific! Yes your husband would be very proud of you!

Congrats, V, that's wonderful! No doubt he is smiling down proudly at you! 💕

V, that is so amazing! I'm so happy you have found a new passion.

Mary, I am glad you are doing your own thing. I would not be comfortable having a recording goin on either.

V - congrats on the paintings. Your husband would be proud for sure. Keep it up, you definitely have the talent!

hugs

Tomorrow I have my appointment with a grief coach. I also have a ticket to attend a concert with a group that plays Tom Petty music. The seat is in the back and I would be sitting beside one other person. I would be going alone but I would probably know somebody once I got there. I haven't been to a concert in 5 years. It would be good to hear live music. I will let you know if I go.

Mary, I hope you go to the concert. Things that make us feel normal are good. Good luck with the grief coach too.

Mary, I hope you go to the concert and have a great time!

I just got back from the first trip of the year to my parents' cabin! The weather was great and everything in the cabin worked perfectly. It is always exciting to see how things look after the long winter. We did a few projects and took some wonderful walks. I'm looking forward to a lot of good and relaxing times there this year.

I went to the Tom Petty concert and it was fun and very good. I didn't see anyone I knew but I texted with my brother who lives up North during the break. Turns out he is a Tom Petty fan and knows all the songs. Who knew!
It was good to hear and see a live performance again. Today someone told me about a single's group I might enjoy. Not for dating but for socializing. I think this might be a good thing to try. It is hard without family nearby.

Mary, I'm so glad you went to the concert and had a good time. I need to start getting out and doing more things. Early in the day, having something to do in the evening sounds fun. But by the time the evening rolls around, all I want to do is stay home with my dog!

Good for you Mary! I hope you can get out more. The singles group sounds like a good idea.

I have plenty of activities during the day but rarely go out at night as everyone is doing things with their significant others. It's ok for now but at some point I'd like to get out more.

Mary it is so good you went to the concert. I'm glad you had a good time. I do hope you check out the singles group and that it is a good fit.

Back