PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let people know that a couple of weeks ago I was able to see the documentary Gleason, about former New Orleans Saint Steve Gleason, who was diagnosed with ALS about 5 years ago. I would highly recommend this film for PALS and CALS as it does a good job showing the struggles of both PALS and CALS (Gleason's wife is his main caregiver). Soon after his diagnosis, Steve's wife announces that she is pregnant and Steve begins documenting his life and making videos for his son as he knows his speech will fail just as his son is becoming old enough to understand speech and speak himself. The film also looks at conflicts with other family members and the types of embarrassments and humiliations that come with having ALS. The film is positive (and even funny, at times) and shows great resilience and self-awareness on the part of Gleason.

The film premiered at Sundance and is now on the film festival circuit (I saw it at Hot Docs in Toronto). I'm not sure if/when it will get wider distribution but people should look out for it if it plays in your town. Here is a review from Variety: ?Gleason? Review: Steve Gleason?s ALS Documentary Is a Knockout | Variety

It must be Wednesday already somewhere in the world.

'tis indeed Wednesday here in north Georgia and what a beautiful Wednesday it is. Best wishes to all ! !

A very cloudy day here in WV, need some Sunshine bad!�� Picked up a cold but already on the mend. Hey can mark we all previewed " Gleason" at DC advocacy day WOW that was powerful! Highly recommend it . Love ya all chally

Hi All

A beautiful sunny day today. Wishing everyone a happy Wednesday

Bright sunny day in eastern Iowa today, finally warming up a bit, heading toward 70.

Sunny & hot in Florida.....just how I like it. I only wish I had a pool.

Here a little late. Back home where the weather is beautiful but 20 degrees colder than it was in Florida!

Not Wednesday, but checking in. Just been a little tired. My loaner powerchair is broken. Still waiting in the guy to come out and check it out. So far he's postponed the visit 3 times. Next scheduled visit is this coming Friday.
I got a new chicken! She is an 8 week old wheaten Amerucana who will lay lovely blue eggs when she is grown. We named her Robin.

I'm either late for last week or early for this week. Had several consecutive good nights... But last night was a doozie. Got maybe 2 hours... If that. Will be napping most of today no doubt.
Toodles

Still here and still trying to find my "new normal".
Saying hello to everyone.
Thank you for all the posts, they are so very helpful.

Pretty pumped on this beautiful Wednesday. Besides the fact that the rain is gone, I got a big surprise from my wheel chair DME provider yesterday evening. The brought me a loaner chair to use until I get mine. I've been buzzing around all over my property. So very happy about this!

Vince

Go Vince! Thanks for sharing

Happy Wednesday. I have been slack on checking in. I have been in the disability insurance pit of telephone torture. The stress takes a toll, effecting sleep that accelerates negative impacts on diet, relaxation, and all the rest. The sun is out, the birds chirp, and I will get me a hot coffee and raise it with both hands to cheer in a new better day. To a new week and better days!

summer has arrived in north Georgia - current temp is 88 degrees. love it ! ! best wishes, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back