PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse still here. Very bad nights now, hot, cold, suction ink. Nightmares ("they gave me the death penalty medicine, but only half and wouldn't give me the rest" Sounds like ALS doesn't it?) Throat clearing during the day. Eating a little bit, can feedings mostly. Doesn't like Simply Thick in beverages. Hot here in AZ so added extra fluids thru tube. He's still cheerful but we did have a conversation yesterday about why he would cry when he saw something on TV about the South Carolina church shootings or a young hero dying and he said he wishes he had done more with his life. This is a guy who served 20 years in the Navy, volunteered as a Figefighter and EMT in Charleston area, volunteered here with Search and Rescue, raised two wonderful kids, has many, many friends and family who admire him, and had amazing life
experiences. I reminded him of all that.
Sherry

I hope he took your reminder to heart. I can only imagine how many people's lives he changed for the better in those occupations. I am sure there are countless examples of things he did all in a day's work that are remembered forever by those he helped. To say nothing of his personal life and accomplishments there.

back in Lancaster, PA

Another Wednesday to celebrate! !

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Hello All........I'm gimpy, slurry, clumsy and weak in the body.......but me and my faith and optimism are still here and in perfect condition.

May God Bless Us All...............................Glenn

It's a dreaded clinic day for me.

glad to be able to correspond again,computer down but i am UP! happy day to all. 1love chally

Oh Kay good luck! Hoping for good news. Be an advocate for yourself as I know you will.

all present and correct

Still here and wishing everyone a positive Wednesday.

Still rolling here in central Virginia.

>I'm gimpy, slurry, clumsy and weak in the body...

me 2 but someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
:)

Strongman here. VA came thru with bipap to my house yesterday. Could not wait till clinic 7/16/2015. Sleep much better.

ALS is About Living Some

Strongman here. VA came thru with bipap to my house yesterday. Could not wait till clinic 7/16/2015. Sleep much better.

ALS is About Living Some

Woohoo! Glad to know the VA is coming through for our PALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back