PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry to hear Bruce, Chally, and Kim. Wishing you more comfort at the very least.

Hot and smoky here in So. Oregon. Lots of wildfires :-(. Summer sure isn’t what it used to be.

Still here. My clinic update is stable. No worse, and no better lung numbers for the past year. They agree the tirasimtiv (sP?) is not hurting me, so it continues for me (but no chance for new clinical trials). Loss of more finger strength continues, and almost zero wrist strength. The Doctors agree the physical therapy is not hurting, and is helping leg strength for transfers, but caution against free walking. Fitting for a quality chair is in the schedule. Hawaii next week, and cleared for flight (with time to loosen the rigid muscles after the flight).

Thx for good thoughts.
Bruce you get my pm
Thinking of ya Kim
Lov
Chally

Hi folks, been a while since I have been here, been up at the cottage and I love it up there but it pisses me off that every time I want something done I have to ask someone to do it for me. Next time we go up I will try to figure out a way to strap my foot the brake pedal on the lawn mower that way I would be able to cut the grass, I would enjoy that. I bought a scooter and I really enjoy that, both up north and here at home. It is a fairly small unit, only five pieces and my wife nan take it apart in two or three minutes and put it in the car. Reassembling takes takes about the same time, but it gives great mobility. I highly recommend one it is called the go go mobility scooter.
Al

Last edited:
WendyWooG's. grandchild Ada, is so darling :D that I had to flip it so we could see her better. Have a long, happy, healthy and perfectly wonderful life, little Ada. May blessings abound! B. 8)

Oops! Be patient. One day I'll get on to this :roll: B. :cool:

Attachments

• Ada.jpg
    Ada.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 178
The end of August - still keeping on. B.

Got to go in the pool two days in a row! 89 degree water temperature.

Hi folks!! Just popped in to wish everyone a happy Labor Day!

Do enjoy your day, please. It seems that there are many reasons to celebrate nearly every day!!

John

Hello, world. I'm still here. May today be a good one for you. May blessings abound. B

Attachments

• m 24.jpg
    m 24.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 109
Love it when the seasons change!

Good day to ya all

Chally

Exciting Week: Our family is getting together this weekend for a family portrait! I received a card this summer that an annonymous person in my community wanted to do something for us and has paid for us to have a portrait taken by a local photographer. I feel so loved!!!!

Yucky part: Fell Wednesday and hit my head on the cement getting into the car after therapy. Terrible "goose egg" on my head. Still sore and tender.

As I lay with ice on my head, I remember all of you telling us to avoid falls. I don't know how it happened. But I understand why you always say this!

Cooler weather on the way...more like September.

Cathy

Hi folks, all is good. Last month I said that I had bought a scooter, which I still really enjoy, but this month I found a carrier that just fits into the trailer hitch on the car and is suspended there, this is really handy as it has a ramp so you just drive the scooter up on to it, strap it down and you are ready to go.
The other thing I have found is I sit on the scooter all day as itis more comfortable the my wheelchair and easier to get around in the house, the only difficulty I have is opening the door to go outside. I can open the door but it takes a little maneuvering.
Al

Al,

Can you buy one of those automatic door openers? I've not investigated them yet but that might solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back