PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in cloudy Florida. When I looked out the window, it looked like a Northern Winter. It's still in the 70s but very windy and cloudy. I spent the day cleaning the refrigerator, watching TV, eating, and playing games on the computer. Sometimes I miss working.

I guess most of you guys seen my post about no progression, made me very happy. All is well here except my iPad has lost its volume, going to find that problem now.
Al

Guess I should start checking in here. Nothing new to report. Still fighting with Searchlight, Option Care, Care Centrix, Cigna, and Loomis to get them on the same page so I can get the Radicava started.

Still here. I have my quarterly clinic visit next week, to see if breathing is still stable. I moved from the walking stick, to a rollator walker and the wheelchair, over the last three months. I also recently found some help with the Occupational Therapy group, with splints to help brace the wrists for easier eating with a fork and spoon (something to look into before you realize you need them).

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving tomorrow!

I haven't checked in for a while--busy with (very successful) fundraising for our annual walk and just daily life. Waiting for the Iowa City VA to get its act together and figure out how to deliver Radicava. Appears to be bureaucratic fumbling at the top and I've got our Senators' staffs involved which seems to have helped. I've started using a Trilogy at night, not because of FVC, still over 100%, but because of low O2 during sleep studies. 4 nights with it and I'm getting used to it, but it seems to help. Both daughters here for Thanksgiving, along with other friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all from chilly, but not snowy, Iowa.

Ed

Been laying low for a couple weeks. Made a trip to Biloxi do do a little gambling and it really hit home I cannot do some of the things I used to. Even sitting at the Blackjack table was an ordeal due to excessive drooling. Had to finally give up golf. Just not worth the total exhaustion. I did cook the turkey on the smoker and did BBQ On Friday. Good to have family in town but I find myself spending more and more time on games on the computer rather than trying to interact with company. Gotta get my head back in a good place.

Bruce,

I do a lot of games, too. I think it distracts me from my reality. Are you getting good sleep?

Hi folks!! It has been forever since I've checked in, and I do apologize profusely for that. It seems as though I get unreasonably busy mid-week and then before I realize it, another weekend is here. So, I'm just gonna abide by the "or whenever" clause of this string and post on a Monday... just 'cause I can!! ... :)

This was the dear wife's and my first Thanksgiving without family around the table. Not only that it was truly a "comedy of errors" all day long. Thankfully, we both managed to laugh our way through it rather than grouching at one another. And now it's forward to the Advent season and then Christmas. This is indeed the busiest time of year for clergy families, as well as everyone else!

I'll be retiring after the liturgies on Sunday, December 31st, and am viewing that "milestone" with at least a modicum of trepidation. Please do understand that "retirement" for members of the clergy really equates to a "reduction in workload". I've already filled my Sunday calendar through the end of February, and am certain that I'll be asked to officiate most of the remaining Sundays in 2018. That will, of course, allow me to have the weekdays free.

My FVC is slowly declining, but I'm still managing with a CPAP rather than BiPAP... and I am still able to ambulate, albeit far more slowly and with deliberate, rather than reflexive, motions. My voice is about completely shot after two liturgies, so I'm filling in at parishes which have only one celebration each week. Gotta save that mellifluous voice for just as long as I can. Thank goodness I started voice banking far earlier than I needed to.

Well, all y'all, do have a grand and glorious week! Catch around in the very near future.

John

Good to see your post John.
I'm still hanging around. Have been declared everyone's favourite calendar girl (at least in my social circle.). Thanks again all!

Angie

Hi Father John!

I'm so glad you posted but understand how taxing this time of year can be for a pastor. I always look forward to hearing from you and know that you are in my prayers.

You might want to switch to BiPap so you can get used to it. It might help in ways you won't know until you try. I was approved for the Trilogy long before I needed it, thanks to my local neuro.

John, by continuing to use CPAP rather than BiPAP, you are making your muscles work more than they need to (even if you need a higher exhalation pressure to cover pre-existing apnea, the CPAP breath size is not the best for a PALS since the most separation you can have between inhalation and exhalation pressure is 3cm) and that won't improve your respiratory longevity. Please look into switching to BiPAP.

Best,
Laurie

Winter has finally arrived in Iowa--thankfully without snow as yet. Got word Tuesday that I'll begin Radicava infusions at the Iowa City VA on Jan 1. Like to think my contacts with our congressional delegation helped loosen the log jam, but who knows.

Ed

I guess I'm a day late and quite a few dollars short.

On one of my good days a month ago, I planned a Christmas party for the ladies I play cards with on Sundays. Well, the party is tomorrow and I've been baking and cooking for the past three days. This old gray mare ain't what she used to be. I'm tired.

PLEASE, if I ever post that I'm having another party, someone call a psychiatrist and have me institutionalized.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man... is this rotund, bald-headed, PA Deitsch, chicken plucker ever tuckered!! One more Sunday of Eucharists as Rector here, and then I get a taste of what retirement is like! I have been asked to do long-term supply work at a wonderfully small, rural parish... and I really do want to do that... but it's a two-hour drive each way. Thankfully, I do love to drive (so long as I'm able). And I'm also to do a podcast with our ALSA Chapter in the very near future.

Laurie, Kim, thank you ever so much for weighing in on the Bi-PAP vs. CPAP. I'll certainly bring that up at my next clinic. Dietary did speak with me about a feeding tube (when needed), and I certainly have no problem at all with that. I did fail to get my FVC from the last clinic. Shame upon me for not asking for that!

Well, have a great one all y'all... and I'll catch ya 'round here in the very near future.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back