PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still here getting weaker. Breathing affected now

Haven't been looking at the forums much the last few weeks--a nice visit from my daughter and family--she stayed almost two weeks, plus we took a 4 day trip to Detroit, where I took my PWC to a Tigers game, as well as a couple of museums. The first time I had used it extensively while traveling and it worked out well on the whole. Lately busy trying to raise money for our annual ALS Walk in Cedar Rapids. Progression remains fairly slow, but feeling increasing weakness in legs and hands. Still manage to swim short distances once or twice a week, but getting to and from pool and dealing with locker room almost as tiring as the swimming.

Ed

Working on packing for evacuation.

Doing well here. We went on a long, scenic drive yesterday and that was very enjoyable. Eight of the 150 miles were on a four-wheel drive road, and that really beat me up. We were in four-wheel low for the entire 8 miles and speeds were in the 2 to 5 miles per hour range. It took about 3 hours to do those eight miles!

It was great, though It will take me a bit to recover:)

We have a lot of smoke drifting in from the fires in Montana, Idaho, and Oregon. The air quality is moderate, but I can sure tell it affects me. I am looking forward to a shift in the wind pattern.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

Steve

I'll start checking in here. I live in Southern Oregon where our current air quality is hazardous due to wildfire smoke. Still walking thanks to AFOs. I have hand spasms but am still able to play bassoon, which is a super important activity to me, and I know it is a gift I can still play. Baclofen seems to help :).

hi all
hanging in here, typing is hard now so waiting for assessment for new toys to make things easier.
wendt

Still here, still kicking. Thinking of you all (and the CALS too, of course!)

Angie

Late again. Saw new pcp for second time,she's young and admits no knowlege of this nightmare so I guess it's time to teach her some.
Downward spiral continues but my attitude ( with effort) stays good for now. Hope the best for all. Love ya. Chally

I'm here still. Working hard on raising money for my walk to defeat als team walking on October 14. Will be starting radicava on Sept 25. Praying I do well with it

Doing okay, slowly declining and feeding tubeproblems, waiting for replacement. Hope the folks here from Florida and the Carribean made it through Hurricane Irma.

Heading to VA for a breathing lab guess it's time to see where my FVC is at.
Fall is in the air. Not have enough energy to whitewater raft this yr, I miss it badly !
Oh well I'll look for other adrenalin outlets like transfers to take a leak. Haha
Chally

Heading to SC today to stay with friends until our power is restored in FL. Bouncing around to not wear our welcome out. :)

Hi folks... still here and progressing ever so slowly (for which I'm more than a little thankful!) 3 1/2 months left at this position, and then on to retirement (or at least partial retirement). Should anyone need anything, please do let me know.

John

John, I could use a few extra prayers. God will know the things I need.

Glad your progression is slow.

question for PALS only please!

thought I would post here because it is just pals. I find myself being short and rude with my cals, especially towards the evening. I generally apologize, but that gets old I'm sure.:) :-( anyone else dealing with this? How do you handle it? I want to be appreciative, not rude! But it's hard ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back