PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hanging around

Ray

Rainy day here in Clearwater, FL. Glad to have some rain, it's been a very dry and warm winter so far.

Wish everyone a good week.

Haven't seen Big Mark on here in awhile. Anyone know how he's doing?

Bill

Hi folks, I am doing well hope everyone else is. Just a reminder for all Canadian members, tax time is coming so don't forget there is a major tax advantage to be had if you apply for the medical benefit.
It has been wet this week, they were calling for a major freezing rain storm but that didn't materialize just as well but it gave all the kids two days off school due to no school buses. I have a couple of minor jobs today and they will probably take me all day but that is OK I am in no hurry, as long as I can still do them that is the main thing. Repair a leaking toilet and make a connection cord for the generator that will keep me busy all day something that used to take me fifteen minutes, but so be it. Hope everyone has a good day.
Al

Hey Al, so glad you are keeping at it. I recognize the length of time it now takes to do the easiest things, though feel triumphant when I actually do finish! Keeps us busy! And, Thanks so much for the reminder of the Disability Tax Credit (in Canada) Did you know it is actually retroactive to your first symptoms? I received a tidy sum for claiming three years back, the time it took to from onset of symptoms to receiving the official diagnosis. Just so you and other Cdns. know of this. Wishing you all the best at your cottage!
Gotty

Happy to report in from not-so-sunny, but warm Florida, and sure beats the cold of Toronto! Here for a few weeks with two of my sisters. Such lovely doting sisters!! WE haven't spent this much time together since growing up, four decades ago!!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Gotty

All is well here in North Georgia. Relatively slow progression up to this point but things are rapidly catching up. Typing requires great effort now, but still pleased to be around ! !

Checking in from home. We have had a few unseasonably warm days here, along with a bit of sun.

I have been recovering from a bug I picked up last week, so have not gotten out much. We did get out today and enjoyed the sun. A mix of rain and snow started in the afternoon as a new system started moving in. We expect substantial snow over the next few days.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

Steve

We are finally getting some much needed rain here in Florida. It has been so dry. NASCAR fans are pouring in for the races this week. We get a week break, then it's bike week. After that we have very little traffic and we are back to normal.

Checking in from Oregon.

Hi all! Still here, and still progressing ever so slowly. I have multiple services for Ash Wednesday, so I know I'll not be able to post Wednesday. Support group tomorrow night. Receiving proposals from contractors for some bathroom upgrades, and I'm anxious to have that work done. Have a great one!!

John

Here with slow progression but the disease is progressing.
Resting here before I start on today's task. Trying to think clearly, slowly and prayerfully about the situation we find ourselves in. We are not the first to be told we have a terminal disease. It is so hard on our families. I have been on that side too with my father's cancer.

I try to recite

Roman's 12-12

Be joyful in hope
Patient in affliction
Faithful in prayer

Some days I am great some days I am low. How are you my fellow PALS coping. I think and pray for you too

I heard my minister who died young preach this message.

God always heals. Sometimes it is through death.

As we say in the Lords Prayers

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven

Checking in. Back in TN. Storms coming in today so no yard work!

Hot dog, just finished with my taxes ! ! Probably will be last year that I will be able to do them, but then, who knows ? ? Wish the best to all./Frank - - - - Happy March, everybody!

Last edited:
MARCH already. Feels more like late spring than late winter; I'll take it.

Wish ya'll a good week.

Bill

Still here, progressing fairly slowly I think. Got home from my biweekly massage feeling pretty good, then in the afternoon our lab-sized dog Ivan got skunked (we've dealt with this before, and know what to do but now the primary burden falls on my wife and I'm not much help). Later that evening we went out to see a local band that plays mostly 1920s New Orleans music--great fun, but I kept getting whiffs of skunk from my hands, despite repeated washing. I find going out to see (good) live music is one of the best ways to forget about ALS, if only for a while.

Ed

Here in sunny Daytona Beach. Still battling back pain and the pool only seems to make it worse. I do think my sprained ankle is finally getting better. I can stand on my toes and heels.

I really miss running.....and walking. I always started my day doing that......for many, many years.

Good thoughts and prayers for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back