PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well in rainy Florida! We are getting some much needed rain....just hope they turn the pool heater back on.

Back late Monday night from our 3 week Norwegian and Baltic cruise, which we on the whole enjoyed--the food was excellent and the ship (Konigsdam of Holland America) very accommodating for my mobility issues. We carried a manual wheelchair for use on land and rented a scooter for onboard use--very helpful. My wife struggled wheeling me on cobblestones and up inclines/over curbs. We saw some interesting cities we'd never been to (Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm and many others), if only briefly. Having traveled before ALS making our own arrangements and staying in a small area for an extended time, the rigidity of the cruise schedule was hard to adjust to (6 hours in Copenhagen, 7 in Helsinki, e.g.). Nice to have meals taken care of, and no need to unpack and repack. Met some nice people--lots of Dutch and Aussies. My legs continue to weaken, but other ALS symptom seem to have remained stable. Thankfully I was able to enjoy the good food. If we do another I think we'd try to make independent arrangements for shore excursions, rather than relying on the cruise company, and pick an itinerary that focused on natural surroundings (like Alaska) rather than cultural centers.

Ed

Last edited:
Up at the Mayo today. Lots of rain here in FL for the last few days but we need it. Hope everyone has a good week

Had a lovely weekend with my eldest daughter and granddaughter staying so that my very tired husband could get away for the weekend to the seaside and have a break. So we both hit Monday feeling chilled and relax.

Smiles from a happy Wendy

Hopefully I have managed to attached a picture of my granddaughter such a gorgeous little pickle :)
IMG_0331.jpg

I am still hanging around. We are planning a trip to Texas after our kid's school is out, and I expect a bumpy week. The good aspect will be family and beer for fathers day.

Last day of a very restful four day stay in a " grand old hotel"
Pictures don't do the trees on the grounds justice, some are 6 ft across!

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 133
Hard to believe that June is half gone already. The roses are still smelling fine. Hang in there, fellow journey members.

Still here and thrilled I made it for a Wednesday posting.
Best to all for a super week ahead!!:D
Margot

Awesome trees!!

Hi! Doing well. Every day that I wake up, is a good day!
______
Bruce

Hi all!! It's just me again!

Clinic went well yesterday and I'll be on vacation and out of state next week. I'm oh so looking forward to that time "off".

I'll check in again when back from vacation.

Y'all take care, ya hear?

John

Wednesday here again (that's a good thing). Been picking out tile, sinks, vanities etc for our bathroom redo. What a pain! Leave next Monday for our Rhine cruise in Europe so have been humping this week.

Bruce

Skipped my ALS Support Meeting today because it was sunny and the pool was 86 degrees. I was in for a whole hour.

We arrived home from our trip to Yellowstone yesterday. I am beat and taking it really easy for a few days as I try to recover. It was a great and interesting trip. I will write a post about it in a few days.

Steve

Don't check in as often as i should, but i am still doing ok. Just got back from another 3 month evaluation today. Respiratory still above normal, and did swallow fluoroscopy which went well. They said i have some slowness and twitching in my tongue but that was all. legs are still progressing, strength in feet/ankles is great but am experiencing minor drop foot in right when walking, they think it just fatigues super fast so they are getting me an afo. Right arm is useless, and left feels to be starting early signs. Speech is good yet. All things considered i feel i am doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back