PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Hi all. A quick update on our COVID scare. My wife tested negative (yay!) and we are out of self quarantine. Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts. Kevin

That's great, Kevin. I was holding my breath.

That said, it looks like the great State of Florida is about to enter the second wave.....and I don't mean surf.

Stay safe. Your wife continues to be in my prayers.

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Michigan to see the Autumn colors and get away in the new van using the PW wheelchair. I'll post pics in the Fall colors thread under Stories of Hope. We started out Day 1 in Frankenmuth, home of Bronner's Christmas store. I have always wanted a really nice nativity and figurines. There were always more important things to spend our money on with children and a house. I'm sure many can relate! On Day 2 we drove northward to Macinaw City and points north of the bridge into the upper peninsula. What beautiful views! We left there the next morning in cold rain and sleet with temps in the low 30's. The drive on Day 3 took us to through Harbor Springs and a drive along Lake Michigan and the "tunnel of trees". The heavy sleet, snow, and hail prevented us from getting out and walking this adorable town. But the views were stunning. We headed south to Jackson for the night and dinner with a cousin and aunt. The next day we headed home to Ohio and colorful views with more green in the trees of red, orange, and yellow.

For the most part, traveling was much easier with the powerchair but still difficult using toilets and showers. One hotel just had a regular tub shower with lots of bars for their handicapped room. No shower that day. I'm resting up today and tomorrow doing absolutely nothing.

COVID is spiking here as well, hitting all time high numbers this week. My aide works part time at a nursing home with an outbreak, so we are dealing with keeping her away after working until she gets a negative test. This amounts to having her available only every other week-such a pain! I can't be alone without toilet and meal help. I hate being in need of help!

Good to hear from everyone! Have a blessed week.

Introducing Mac, eight weeks old! Pure kitten funergy and I'm his day bed, which is sweet. Big brother Rocky is not impressed yet but isn't unwelcoming, thankfully. Mac sleeps in my sock drawer all night. Too cute!

Attachments

• pulse-image-1603153999941.jpg
    pulse-image-1603153999941.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 126
  • pulse-image-1603128243239.jpg
    pulse-image-1603128243239.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 121
  • pulse-image-1603069486949.jpg
    pulse-image-1603069486949.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 111
  • pulse-image-1602876117940.jpg
    pulse-image-1602876117940.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 123
So cute. Thank you for sharing!

Nona, so glad to see your new "lap blanket". I just love orange tabbys. Enjoy!!!

Jessie, I'm so happy for you. Your new baby seems to be smitten with you. Rocky looks like he's still trying to make up his mind.

Cathy, I'm glad you got away. I would be in Heaven in Bronner's. I've heard about it but never made it there. Speaking of Nativity sets, I bought mine one or two pieces at a time over a span of a dozen years. Then I bought the wise men with camels.....that was the big splurge!

Good morning to all you Wednesday updaters.

First, I have to say to Jesse that Mac is adorable. I've never had a cat, but looking at him just warms my heart. And, Rocky is so handsome. It looks like Rocky thinks he is in charge, but I expect Mac will turn out to be the "top dog".

It's been a fairly quiet week for me. It's been a lot colder here, so I haven't been able to get out as much as I normally would - I can no longer get winter outerwear on by myself so I have to wait until someone is here to help me. This cold snap is going to continue for a bit, in fact this weekend we are supposed to have a low temperature of 7 below zero overnight on Saturday! It's WAY too early for this.

Have a good week everyone.

Wow.....that is very cold.....for anywhere.

Jesse, Mac is so cute. The spitting image of our yellow tabby Cody that passed a couple of years ago. He was such a sweetie ( real Daddy’s boy), and I’m sure you will have many wonderful adventures together.

Wow, Fusia, that is serious cold. We love Montana in the summer, but my Cuban wife would never leave the fireplace in the winter!

I’m still in awe at the amazing life Darcy led, and the beautiful, loving post by Jim. Life is indeed filled with great joy and great sorrow, but in the end the memories of the joyful times stay with us long after the sorrow and grief. Here’s hoping we all find some joy this week and beyond, Kevin

Hi all. Another Wednesday already, and as usual I want to bring this thread to the top.

All sorts of crazy s—t going on with my body, but not worth elaborating right now. I am getting some test results back on Friday, so I’ll know more then.

Less than a week until Election Day. Hope everyone voted. By the next roll call we will probably have a good idea of which direction it is headed. Fingers crossed. Best, Kevin

We had wonderful snow Sunday into Monday. It cleared up on Tuesday and was absolutely beautiful. I think folks in Colorado were especially glad to see the snow because of the effects it has had on the wildland fires we have been dealing with.

It was 6 degrees (F) when I got up yesterday. It should be warming up with a high of about 55 degrees (F) by early next week.

Steve

What a difference a week makes in cat lives. Mac likes to snuggle in with the old man every night. It warms my heart and provides great election distraction.

I've been researching alternative wheelchair controls since my neck pain and instability are making the head controls more difficult. PALS, you are your own best advocate. Don't settle for a health-care provider or DME supplier who doesn't listen to you and doesn't meet your needs.

Attachments

• pulse-image-1603899438901.jpg
    pulse-image-1603899438901.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 98
Back