PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

I've been out for a SHORT walk and then in the pool for an hour. The water temperature is 91 degrees and the air temperature is 85. I was the only one in there for the whole hour. I was able to meditate and just float.

Lisa, that sounds cool....cat sanctuary. Stay safe and good luck with the doctor.

Yay, incisions have healed so I'm able to get back in the pool 🏊‍♀️ so much nicer to stretch in the water even was able to get some laps in.

Yesterday I traveled to Miami to meet with Dr. Benetar at the ALS Clinic. I liked him alot. He took his time spending 2 hours with me. He examined me extensively. He did tell me that my muscle strength is still very strong but did notice some slight weakness in my left tricep and some spasticity in my legs. He said I seem to have slow progression and could probably have to visit Clinic in 6-9 months unless I felt changes sooner. He was surprised that I have never been evaluated for lung capacity so he put in an order for a baseline. He is also putting together a team that I'll have a Telehealth visit with.

Otherwise it's just another day. I've started the countdown for the birth of my granddaughter. She's due on the 12th but think she'll surprise us before that. Sad though she'll be our 6th and last grandchild. We have been present for all the other births but with Covid we aren't able to be present for this one.

Hope everyone is doing the best they can.

Lisa, Glad you're back in the water. Today was the first day I've missed in three weeks. Everything feels so much better in warm water.

Glad your visit went well. Congrats on the granddaughter.

Meanwhile, we're getting some long-needed rain.....and it won't stop soon. A tropical storm will no doubt bring tons of rain over the weekend. I have tons of food on hand so no worries.

Rain and Tornadoes in KC today. You have to love the midwest.

Have neuro and pulmonary appointments coming up shortly if they don't get canceled as the positive tests for COVID continue to rise.

Otherwise, we are ops normal in the Heartland

Karen,
I had no idea it was that hot out there. Everybody thinks Florida is sweltering in the Summer. The coast stays in the mid 80s most of the time and, where I am, it's rare to see 90. This is our rainy season and it came about a month late. I hope the fires are under control.

Hope you have a good hospice team. It's a hit or miss here. I'll be interested in hearing your experience.

Still sweating it out in NH. Turned 50 on Monday, a milestone I didn't think I'd make when diagnosed at 44. Covid prevented a big bash but I've had a few patio visits and a firetruck drive by. Gotta love small towns.

@KarenNWendyn , will hospice affect your food supply? That has been my obstacle. Thinking of you.

Attachments

• pulse-image-1596066647370.jpg
    pulse-image-1596066647370.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 135
  • pulse-image-1595946201383.jpg
    pulse-image-1595946201383.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 108301902_10220472300531443_8648669325128197384_n.jpg
    108301902_10220472300531443_8648669325128197384_n.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 132
  • pulse-image-1596066953205.jpg
    pulse-image-1596066953205.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 134
  • pulse-image-1596066902812.jpg
    pulse-image-1596066902812.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 132
Happy birthday Jessie, fellow Leo. Nice pictures!
I turn 60 this coming Monday. When I was diagnosed, I didn’t think I would make that birthday.

We just set up the hospice. We haven’t met with them yet. I haven’t heard anything about them not covering the food. Guess I’ll find out.

Those are GREAT pictures Jessie - thank you for sharing. And happy birthday! So we share a birth year. (I turned 50 in March).

The heat has finally subsided here in Ohio. It's been 90's or high 80s for over a month with very little rain. We got rain here Monday-first rain of more than 5 minutes in weeks. Everything is brown and crunchy. Storms have moved north or south or break up as they approach. The flowers need watering every day.

Happy Birthday Jessie! 🎈 Awesome pictures.

Karen, is this a good thing?

Happy Birthday Jessie, beautiful pictures.
Hope all is well with you Karen, you share a birthday with my mother who would have been 90. You all are Leo's, I'm a Virgo sharing my birthday with my grandson and I believe Kim is on the same day.

I'm jumping the gun a bit for Wednesday, but had a really good weekend that I'm still excited about. My son, DiL and grandson were here for a long weekend and we celebrated our wedding anniversary (46) on Friday and grandson's 1st birthday on Sunday. It was so much fun being with them and being with "the baby", although he is crawling fast enough now to chase the cat.
Had a little excitement on Saturday night - I fell out of my desk chair and it was about 15 minutes before I knew what year it was and who was president. It was really kind of funny: while I was still on the floor my son said "I'll get the wheelchair.", and I said "I need a wheelchair?" I was also kind of shocked to find out that Donald Trump is President. 😄
Don't know what caused me to pass out. Went to the ER on Saturday for blood work and CT scan of head/neck/chest, and I have a follow up with a heart doc on Wednesday. I'm thinking it was some mmj and maybe being a little dehydrated but I told my wife I would get whatever check ups she felt were needed. ;)

Best to all,

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Jessie, you look wonderful in hot pink. Looks like you had quite a celebration.

Back