PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

No, No, Nona - Only bad witches melt! For good people, it's sweltering.
1590885524931.jpeg
:)B

Attachments

• 1590874544038.jpeg
    1590874544038.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
It's Wednesday, the weather is gorgeous. I have all the doors and windows open. I haven't gone out though. I have a conundrum (that is a good sentence word ) My morning girl is here from 9-1 just getting washed-up and dressed for the day eats up much of the time. The next two people are scheduled from 3-5,then 7-9 no real time to do anything. My family aren't an option. Just venting. All of you that have family caregivers say thanks when they take you out.

I agree. I have no family, just a friend with whom I share our condo.

Do time schedules put pressure on you DD? Some days I wake up very early and others I wake up late. I'm afraid my habits are going to require around the clock care when I can no longer walk or use my arms. On average, I get up at night three times, just to pee and even sometimes to poop! I've really never been on any kind of schedule except for classes I taught in the classroom.

I guess I should start trying to go to bed and wake up at the same time.

On another note, we got a tiny bit of rain today. Just enough to keep me in. Cloudy skies all day and lots of rain predicted for tomorrow. We did have a spectacular April and May, even with CV restrictions.

Still here, just checking in.

Finally home after being hospitalized since April 28. I had to have my gallbladder removed, then had complications with some bacterial infections. Spent a little over 2 weeks in the hospital then went to a rehab/nursing home for wound care.

WHATEVER YOU DO! Stay out of either. Due to the Covid rules, no one can visit. The lack of care at both were almost as appalling as the sanitary conditions.

We also have a very dirty hospital in our area. Fortunately, Advent Health has one that is as clean as Mayo Clinic. Advent Health is where I would go for a minor condition or in a severe emergency. Any other procedures would take me to Mayo.

I played cards with a lady whose son worked at our unclean hospital. He was just a greeter and ID checker. He got staff infections so many times that he had to quit. They threatened to fire him for missing too much work and weren't really concerned about the staff infections. That was the same hospital I was taken, by ambulance, when I fell running and got the TBI. After my CT Scan the ER doctor wanted me to wait to get stitches in my head but I weighed the pros and cons and left against her orders. I was more afraid of contracting an infection.

I'm SO GLAD you are back home and hope you're feeling much better and continue to heal.

Woot, woot. Two Wednesdays in a row. The lilacs in the back yard look amazing. I got to go out into the yard Monday. I've noticed check in Wednesday is becoming a little sparse. I want you to know, that your existence has helped my psyche accept the devastation that is ALS. Your support and encouragement, the knowledge and understanding have made this journey bearable. I get anxious and frightened some when you're not checking in here. I've become irrationality protective. I know how this ends, but I don't want to loose a single one of us, until it is that persons absolute time. Signed; single - child selfish syndrome.

Happy Wednesday all! Dee Dee has reminded how important it is for all our own well being to check in! ❤

The Iris, peonies, lilacs, azelas, and so many other May flowers are still blooming here this far into June! Such a cool April and May have really changed the normal patterns. The April/May tree pollen is at high levels mixing with the June grass pollen-crazy allergy symptoms.

Feeling pretty good the last couple weeks. I definately feel better after my aide does the passive ROM exercises. My only issue is bad headaches in the evenings making the last couple of waking hours miserable. And this is the time my husband is home from work.

My Power wheel chair has motor issues. It worked great on Saturday for a 4 mile walk with my daughter then wouldn't start up Sunday. I called for a service but was told the waiting list is long due to COVID19.

My days are filled with watching the chipmunks eating from my bird feeder and trying all sorts of things to keep them out. Love watching the birds though!

Enjoy the beautiful late Spring weather!

Dee Dee, I haven't been on these boards as long as most so I'm not claiming credit - but I'm so happy to know that this community has helped you. This is a wonderful place for us PALS and like you I am glad it is here.
I'm trying to keep the "glass half full" attitude; hard to maintain through a decline period. 🙁

Kim, we're a little ahead of you: the lilacs are done but some of the local rhododendrons are very happy.

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
My creeping thyme is blooming, filling that section of the yard with a lovely soft purple mat.
Happy Wednesday everyone.

I’ve had a wild month. Had to have surgery to put in my feeding tube. I’ve had gastric bypass and the feeding tube had to be put in the gastric remnant. Surgery went well but before I got out of the recovery room I ended up in respiratory failure. I spent some time in ICU and now I’m absolutely neurotic about my breathing. Yesterday I had an episode where I couldn’t clear the mucus and almost ended in the ED. I got my new ventilation machine last night. It has a ventilator, cough assist, suction and oxygen compressor all in one machine.
I was so freaked out that I couldn’t even use it. I just sat and cried. I think I could be ok with not having a functioning body but this breathing stuff is scary. At least the feeding tube is working well! I’m hoping by increasing my fluids I can decrease the sticky mucus. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Tammy

Sorry to hear that, Tammy. I have to agree that mucus plugging and trouble breathing are about the scariest. Consider taking a daily dose of Guaifenesin to thin the secretions in addition to increasing hydration.

How I miss the lilac bushes. They don't survive in Florida. I do have beautiful Plumeria trees. I was lucky enough to get a seed pod on one. That doesn't happen very often. I cultivated the seeds and made a number of plants. I gave them to friends to plant. They are calling them Lisa's trees.

Other wise just enduring the heat. I'm thankful for the pool. Feels good to stretch in the water.

My hands and arms are still in good shape, so I'm spending alot of time crocheting. I'm expecting my 6th and last grandchild in August so busy making her some blankets

Better this week than last. I can occasionally raise a mostly empty glass and drink from it...

Back