PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

There are some good videos on YouTube

here’s an example. It’s fun if you play it with fast music in the background.

I was able to get out for a wheelchair ride yesterday and today. The snow on the bike path that goes up and over Vail pass is slowly melting. Today I was able to ride 3.75 miles up the pass, which was absolutely wonderful.

Yesterday, we had a moose walk though our yard. It is the first moose I have seen in our valley. My wife has seen several over the years, but this was my first! It is a young male, by the looks of it. If it hangs around, perhaps I can get a picture of it.

Steve

Big excitement here on Sunday. Baby bear thought he'd try the sugar water while mama bear watched.

Attachments

• pulse-image-1589151612704.jpg
    pulse-image-1589151612704.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200510_183618.jpg
    IMG_20200510_183618.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 119
Karen, That's exactly what Fred watches on YouTube for hours each day. The only problem is that Ace is an active participant and his barking annoys me to no end. Fred said Ace needs his entertainment just as much as we do. He even makes noises at cartoons of animals. Last night when I went through the LR to my bed, Fred and Ace were both watching baby goats. I'm not sure who was enjoying it more but I'm glad they liked it.

For those of you who have HULU, I'm watching a series with Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon called Little Fires Everywhere. It is very good. For those of you who have Apple streaming, The Morning Show is good.

This past week has been busy. Went to Jacksonville Monday, then daily time in pool for range of motion and sun on my face.

Someone in our condo has CV. The Manager announced it this morning over the speakers in each unit. The one good thing is my condo is structured so you never need an elevator. There are parking spots on every floor and the hallways are wide and open air.

Karen,

I have never heard of skijoring with dogs.

Around here, they always use horses. There are annual skijoring events at Leadville and Steamboat Springs.

They are entertaining to watch. It appears that all the human participants do not come out unharmed. Fortunately, I am not aware of any of the horses ever being injured. The horses seem to enjoy it.

Here is a video of a pretty typical skijoring event in Leadville.

Steve

I only do power wheelchair joring with my dog, Jaime. The snow versions look fun but scary..

Happy Wednesday friends. Is everybody out there and doing ok? It’s been a rough week already. Im so sad about the police killing of George Floyd here in Minneapolis. And now the second night of protests has turned into a rampage of looting. I worry about the protesters getting hurt or getting sick with covid in a few days. This is a super spreader event on steroids. It’s good they fired the four officers immediate but they need to arrest the main police officer soon. He certainly deserves it and perhaps that will be satisfying to some. A target store and an auto parts store have been looted. Fires. The video of the killing was horrific. When will we ever solve the problems of racism and violence?

so sorry to see your beautiful city in such turmoil. so sorry for george floyd and his family. also sorry for the city of Minneapolis. sad. will the police ever get their act together? and mr floyd was already handcuffed.

So all day yesterday I would have sworn it was Tuesday.

So all day yesterday I would have sworn it was Tuesday.
It's a blessing and a curse. 😄
We had some very warm days (low 90s) and now will have some cool days (mid-sixties). The plants and wildlife seem to be taking it in stride. :)

Bill

I'm a day late and more than a dollar short.

Everything on the news is so sad. Florida relaxed and we're already feeling the effect of more cases. Found out deaths from CV were being classified as pneumonia.

Like some others, I am a day late. The holiday on Monday threw me off.

I just returned from a wonderful wheelchair ride half way up Vail pass. It is 9 miles round trip which gains 1,000 feet in elevation.

I was able to see a crow, magpie, various swallows, yellow warbler, wilson's warbler, yellow rumped warbler, and various other fascinating birds. I also was able to see two beavers swim across their pond and get out on the far bank.

It was a beautiful evening ride.

Steve

I took Ace for an early morning "walk" around the circle. I didn't want to wait too late for fear his paws would burn because the sun was back out in full force today. I was hesitant to go in the pool this afternoon because we've had so much rain. Surprise....the water temperature was 89 degrees which was warmer than the air.

I'm putting off all doctors' appointments for two months or until I believe it's safe to go. I'm so glad I had my eyes done when I did and the two crowns done more than a year ago. I'm scheduled for a follow up for my eyes but that will have to wait until I'm ready.

Yesterday I went for an in-person doctor visit. It was the first time I had been out in over 2 months except for neighborhood wheelchair rides. The policy at my doctors office was that everyone wear masks. I wore one too. It’s not comfortable having respiratory compromise from ALS and then wearing a mask on top of that. I felt very claustrophobic.

Next week I go in for some PFTs. Their policy is that I have to get swabbed for Covid 2 days prior to the PFTs. Should be an interesting experience.

Back