PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Another Wednesday, another check-in.

We just got back from a short trip to Colorado Springs to meet my great-grandaughter in person. She is a true charmer and a wonderful addition to my life. Joyce and I are thrilled.

Outside of a Patriots loss and the Bruins mini-skid after a great start, everything else is great. Looking forward to the holidays.

Otherwise, we are ops normal in the Heartland.

2019-11-10 01.15.54.jpg

2019-11-09 11.06.09.jpg

Great pictures. She is beautiful

Made a road trip to the Medicaid office. Sad when that is the highlight of my week...

Dave, check out the Celtics! Your great granddaughter is adorable!

Congratulations on the new great grandbaby! How adorable.
Another Wednesday, more snow and cold here. Planning Thanksgiving for this weekend as all the kids were able to come this weekend. Ya! Bought a bunch of groceries and will start making some of it tomorrow.

I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my housemate, Fred, my brother and his wife. I'm ordering everything cooked from Whole Foods. I ordered desserts online, too. All I'll do is make a trip over on the Tuesday before and pick up the stuff. I'll probably go to the farmers' market for some fresh fruit.

Another Wednesday, passing the day watching Netflix...Space Cowboys is pretty funny, my husband and I went to the theater to see it many years ago. Had Thanksgiving here last weekend, lots of leftovers. I made white chili with some of the leftover Turkey, it was great especially blended 🤤 I did get my sleep study doctor to check out my bipap settings and he did adjust it for me, seems to help so far. Well that's all that happened here, hope everyone else is doing good.

I have been out of touch for awhile. We spent a month in Yellowstone starting in the middle of September, which really wore me out. We came home and recovered for a week and then headed to the Grand Canyon. Since then I have been recovering. It is surprising just how much those trips took out of me. I plan to post threads about those trips, but just have not yet had the energy to do it.

We will be spending Thanksgiving at my Sister's place, which should be very enjoyable.

Steve

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning. Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and he said I qualified for cataract surgery. Apparently, the FDA just approved a new lens called Panoptix. It's been in Europe for a few years and, so far, my doctor said he has had excellent results in totally correcting vision. The lenses are like trifocals. Now, he is making me get permission from my neurologist prior to the procedure. He said they use Versed but I react to that so I asked him if it would be OK if I did it with 10mg. of Valium on board. He said that was fine with him and said that is what he would have suggested for anyone who didn't like Versed. After my doctor sends permission I have to go for another two hour ASCAN to make sure my eyes are healthy and qualify. He said I had no signs of anything wrong except the very mild cataracts and thought the ASCAN would go well.

The lenses aren't cheap so I asked if he could do it by year end and they put me in for one in the middle of December and the other on December 30th. So I guess, in a way, I'm getting what I want for Christmas.

I just saw my ophthalmologist today — 1 year post cataracts. Due to my extreme myopia, I need to have some tissue zapped with the laser, but this should fix everything (so I’m told). That’ll be my Christmas present 🙃🎄.

Watching your shop being torn down is a sad thing, I never what to do that. Too many memories in the old shop, which is now a storage area but that is ok. Used to restore antique boats in mine and before that it was our cottage.

My “shop” was a spare room I had turned into a music studio. I easily spent up to 4 hours a day in there. It was my cave, my sanctuary. Tearing it down was one of the saddest moments of my life. I’m so sorry mytmouz.

my shop being demolished
I'm so sorry! As Karen and Firefighter have shared, we all seem to have our own "shop" being demolished. Mine was having to move from our home in June and leave my 2 1/2 acres of flower and vegetable gardens. We gave away everything from tools, tillers, and canning supplies. I gave away my cats as well when we moved into the condo.
This sucks that I can't cook, garden, craft, teach, or walk anymore but also had to witness the "shop" get torn down.

Mymouz, I get your pain. 🤗

Back