PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Quite the adventure today. I was out for a wheelchair ride/ walk with one of my caregivers and my dog when a friendly stray dog approached and followed us. Worried she might get hit by a car, we headed back home (she followed us) where my CALS, Wendyn, was waiting. Fortunately the dog had a microchip and can be reunited with her owner. She was a delightful young dog but untrained. Wendyn actually wanted to keep her. I would have felt the same if I didn’t have ALS. I’m just relieved we could locate the owner.

I’ve rescued a number of stray dogs over the years, but this was the first since I’ve had ALS. A really different experience.

Hello Everyone
STAY SAFE

Let’s get roll call going again. PALS try to post each week. Even if it is just a word or 2 to let everyone know how you are

Anyone who wants to share more please do Of course specific issues deserve their own thread
hello i havent been on here in awhile so hello

Still hunkered down in Tucson, where the weather remains delightful, but I fear we won't be able to get back to Iowa before the extreme heat comes. Since we have AC can't complain. Stay safe.

Ed

Thought I’d check in today. My doctor and I decided to stop my Radicava for the month of April. I normally go into the Cancer Center Infusion clinic for my treatments. We decided the risk of exposure with my decreasing lung function wouldn’t be wise. Hopefully I can start again in May. I was scheduled for surgery to put my feeding tube in mid March but that was canceled because it was elective. I’ve had gastric bypass so my tube has to be placed under anesthesia. I’m waiting for it to be rescheduled. My pulmonologist said it needed to be done by May to insure they could wean me off the anesthesia ventilator. My surgeon and pulmonologist discussed it and are hoping the hospital will release the ban on elective surgery the first week of May.
We’re doing ok here being at home. I don’t go out much anyway except for my infusions. We’ve had a couple of great days and we went out for a “walk”. (Took my wheelchair for a ride.) Tonight we are supposed to get 5-9 inches of snow. I’ve heard some estimates of 18”. So staying home seems very appealing! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Tammy

Effects of stay at home orders in Ohio: the turkeys come out!
Turkey on table 4 15 20.jpg

Blitzc, I saw a turkey on my "walk" the other day. It is unusual to see them here, though they are common a bit further down valley.

I continue to do fine, though am still recovering from whatever bug I have had for the last month.

Steve

Here. The rain finally hit my neck of the beach today. It's still very hot but a cold front will follow the rain. We avoided any extreme weather and we really needed the rain. I decided to go for a short walk around the condo this morning while the sun was still out. The golf course had other plans and I got hit with a few sprinklers along the way. I counted my steps and it was about 700.

The pool will be off limits for me during the cooler weather. They heat it to 85 so I'll wait until the sun comes back and the winds from the North are gone before returning. Most of our snowbirds have left, despite travel warnings so there isn't much activity around the condo and it makes for safer walks and swims.

Doing a rain dance in my neck of the woods.

Was excited for the contractors finishing my bathroom remodel. Then I found out the supplier dropped the ball on ordering my combination bath and shower chair 2 weeks ago. Watched a fox try to catch a stray cat I dont like, which makes me worry about my cat. All in all it was a good day in the beginning, but literally turned crappy when we found a septic tank problem, lol...

How is everyone doing?
Staying Home and Safe I Hope

Attachments

• David.JPG
    David.JPG
    617 KB · Views: 130
Still here. The local forecast is for a wintery mix starting later today followed by snow. We are not impressed. Maybe there is something to this climate change thingy, ya think?

Back