PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Yesterday was a full day of Dr. appointments. Saw the surgeon about having a feeding tube put in. I've had gastric bypass so they have to do it laparoscopically in surgery. My pulmonologist suggested I get it done before my lung function decreases any more. So next week I get that done. That appointment was followed by seeing the neurologist. She is so wonderful. I feel good after I see her. Then we were off home for lunch before going back to the hospital for my Radicava infusion. It's funny how traveling by wheel chair I could still be exhausted by the end of the day. I'm off to another appointment today but it's in a city about an hour away. I'm going to get all these medical appointments done so I can spend some time at home getting things done!
Tammy

I’m practicing social distancing as much as is practical/possible. My kids all have colds so they’re not visiting in person right now. Ordered up on medications. I’ve been approved for home nurse visits to manage the suprapubic catheter. It will be nice not to have to go into the clinic every month. Our food is delivered weekly and we have plenty of toilet paper!!! Good luck everyone with your own coronavirus mitigation measures.

I went grocery shopping at 7:30 am thinking the store would be empty. Apparently, others thought the same thing. No big deal. I have enough food for a week and will get a home delivery next Friday. I have two crock pots going now and made some sweet potatoes ahead. Got my cabbage, carrots, and potatoes for my corned beef and cabbage.

Hi, Kim - What time is dinner 🍲 🍽 🥣🍹🍰? (Just kidding :) ). 🤗 B😎.

General population: Can't go to work or school, bored at home, binge watching, living on social media, worried about sick visitors, worried about adequate health care, worried about a clean butt, sick of the same old food... for three whole weeks

ALS patients: hold my beer

Like New Hampshire, we in the SF Bay area are now in Lockdown. Which is good, since some still aren't taking this virus seriously. My county alone is now up to 138 cases, 52 people hospitalized, 4 dead. My morning caregiver cancelled confused by the lockdown. She has a teenage daughter at home now who can’t be left alone. The owner of the agency I work with is self-quarantining in Oregon! Hubby 87 now has the full load; I’m 78. Hard to control my anger at how the administration has handled this…….. We're stocked up, so will do ok. Thanks for letting rant.

I'm so sorry you had someone cancel! That is my worst fear. It's like waiting for the first domino to fall.

I tried to hire an additional caregiver as a backup. She turned me down to minimize her exposure to the virus because she has another client and is also expecting a new grandchild soon. I have a feeling this is just the beginning...

We've deferred our planned drive to Iowa indefinitely and will remain in tucson until travel seems less fraught with peril. Besides we're not sure what travel services might be impacted. Has anyone taken a longish road trip lately? If so how did you find the availability of services--motels, food etc. Sorry to hear about your support problems, big--hope you can find someone soon.

Ed

Our local ALS association canceled their volunteer and Respite Care programs. Respite care provided 4 hours per week of free home health care. Gone. My two other paid home health aides are still coming but report so many clients have canceled that their hours are not enough to live on. Neither of my two agencies has sent out any information to their clients. One hasn’t provided any coronavirus guidance to their staff. This seems to be an invisible industry right now.

Good day everyone! We made the decision to cancel our upcoming trip to Florida to visit family. Too many risks involved intraveling. Everyone is good with the decision.

My only home aide cancelled Monday because the nursing home facility she works at on the weekends sent a patient to the hospital with possible COVID19. We all decided to error on the side of caution even though the patient was not on her floor or care. Our daughter used to work there and agreed with us that we can't trust their cleaning protocols. However, on the bright side, my son is not taking daytime college classes (just online) for the rest of the semester so he is available for daytime care-just not showering and dressing. My husband works for a major national retail store, and had his hours cut back Tuesday due to store hours reduced to 11-7 only. So he is able to take care of getting me dressed each morning.

Ohio is pretty much on lockdown - no schools, colleges, restaurants, bars, hair salons open. Most businesses are working from home. Not a single museum, zoo, public venue open. It's eerie...hardly any road traffic, scant airplane noise (we lie on nearby airport flight path), no neighbors outside walking. Reminds me of the time after 9/11.

Take care everyone! Protect yourself. Blessings to your CALS and other caregivers. 🤗 :love:💕

Happy Wednesday!! I have been talking people off the caronavirus ledge for days. Believe me I know we've had more time to come to terms with our mortality, but geez, these people act like they never thought they'd die. (sarcasm for those that don't know me ) I am way more concerned about this G7. I don't know about you, but I don't remember this group being discussed before. Like "oh yeah the G7 softball tryouts are tomorrow". Or "Hon don't forget the G7 company picnic is this Saturday ". No, not in my life. Now on the news I hear this G7 is going to make sure that we have everything "they think" we need. That caused me to turn my head, quickly (reserve the right to use terms like quickly loosely ) Then after some digging around, I find out that they are the group that controls the world's economy. This is where I started to feel insignificant. The world's economy. I thought the DeBeers diamond cartel was a big deal. Don't I feel stupid. So I find out this G7 had some sort of contract with China, based on trusting them (ya I know, I shook my head too) with certain chemical development in exchange for trade agreements throughout the world. Wait for it.... So today G7 announced China can no longer be trusted and they are going to bring to bare a worldwide embargo against them. I have way way to much free time on my hands, since ALS has me paralyzed. Can anyone else spell illuminati? This was my Wednesday. God bless you

Here's the truth on what the G7 is and what they do.

They've pretty much washed their hands with Trump because he brings nothing to the table.

So, today, I spent 45 minutes in the pool and am starting to get color on my face and upper body. I don't swim but I float on a pool noodle and move my arms. To my surprise, the torn rotator cuff that has been getting worse this year feels much better after ROM exercises in the pool.

My doctors are all accepting FaceTime or telephone visits. Talked to my GP today about my recent blood work and cancelled other doctors for now. I go to Jacksonville at the end of this month but I will probably postpone it for another three months.

Most everything is closed or on limited hours. They even closed our social room to any activities and I'm glad they did. The outdoor pool remains open and the indoor workout room and indoor pool, sauna, hot tub is still active......but I don't go near it. The City Center, which is a two minute drive from here, has an outdoor track where people walk. We take Ace there a couple of times a week for fresh air. I only walk a short distance and Fred walks him faster around the track. He only weighs 7 pounds but he can move. We stopped going to the dog park because too many people are in the small dog area.

I hope all is well.

Spent my day searching for a replacement caregiver. Then my wife's employer had been letting her work from home announced they would shut down for two weeks, so that is a help, as she can be here.

Back