PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

(Hello, 2u2)! WOW 🙂 ! It's amazing you've had that car 🚘 that long and still working. I would think the undercarriage would have rusted out from winter salt. I've never seen one before. I enjoy seeing old cars. 🚙🏎 Sometimes attended local car shows. It's exciting

I'm still infatuated with my first one - inherited from my Dad - a cream and green, 4 door, 1954 Kaiser Manhattan with Supercharger and wing vents. Still have 2 hubcaps and name from side, front fender. I fell in love with CHROME! Like a Magpie, I like shiny things 💎 .
1583302724634.png
1583301856238.jpeg

1583302827491.jpeg
1583303808988.jpeg
1583304065941.jpeg

It was very sleek looking, the tail lights were very different, the dash padded.. No seat belts, which would have helped when I was broadsided one night. Two sold for: $20,000 and $29,500.

A heavy piece of tin covered the large, rusted hole that appeared under the driver's feet. Without it, I could watch the road go by. The joke was, "If the brakes gave out, I could drag my feet and slow it down" 🤣- and, If I ran over 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️someone, I could look down, wave and say, 'Sorry", as they went by " 🤪. ❤B. :cool: (Have a hopeful week).

Attachments

• 1583301681421.jpeg
    1583301681421.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 91
Busy weather day so far. Dropped a tree in my yard about 3am, followed by fist sized hail. Hailing as I speak on my daughter's car, thirty miles away...

It warmed up here in Florida but not enough to hit my swim point of 85 degree water. I tried to taper off Remeron and thought I'd go nuts so, apparently, I need to stay on it.

Happy Wednesday! I'm on a new med- Tizanedine- and it's working so much better than baclofen for me! I'm feeling hope that I might finally be able to wean off oxycodone.

35 degrees outside the sun is shining low of 18 tonight still tons snow. I am suffering from cabin fever haven't been out of the house since October. This being paralyzed thing is very hard. Going through another spring paralyzed never mind I will do the weeping and wowsy wowo on rants . I'm still here. Happy Wednesday. Thank you so much just for being.

Still drought here ☹️. Otherwise still trying to adapt to ALS.

Hi everyone. I’m now in the hoyer club too. So glad someone invented this and that my ALS association can lend one to me. It’s getting warm so early in Minnesota this year! This weekend is going to be in the 60’s. Nice for the dogs!
Mary

Super windy weather this week. Makes it hard to go anywhere. Fingers crossed for a little nicer weather to come. 😊

I continue to adapt to the ventilator. It is wonderful when I am using it, but I can only use it for a few hours at a time. I see the pulmonologist and staff next week, so hopefully we will get things sorted out a bit better then.

In the last week, a lot of wheelchair work has been done. My Magic Mobility X4 had a failure that we diagnosed as a bad circuit breaker. My friend Greg installed heavier wires and a new circuit breaker. This was a big project that took several hours to complete. I have been out on two rides for a total of about 8 miles and it has worked perfectly. Very glad to have it working again.

On Monday, NuMotion paid a visit to repair the damage the airline did to my Permobil C500 when we flew to Ohio and Texas earlier this year. The technician installed a few parts, but they had the wrong serial number for the chair, so had several incorrect parts. They are sorting this out and will visit me again sometime in the future. I feel sorry for the technician, because it is a 2 hour drive from NuMotion to here!

The Permobil F5 that was damaged in the vehicle theft/recovery over Thanksgiving is still at NuMotion in Denver. They finally have a preliminary quite to repair the chair, though expect to find more damage when they disassemble it to do the repairs. I am still waiting (3 months and counting) for them to figure out how much it will cost to replace the chair. The insurance company wants both quotes before deciding whether to repair or replace the chair.

It is a good thing I have a fleet of wheelchairs! I never would have guessed that I would have 3 out of action at the same time. Fortunately, I still had a fully-functioning fourth (and fifth) wheelchair to fall back on.

I have my first ski outing of the season scheduled for tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be great and I am really looking forward to it!

Steve

Hi, KimT😇 Close the bedroom door, Open the drapes, push up the window, let the outside in! Breathe deep, Lie back, think of yourself outside. Your imagination can take you anywhere - feel the ocean waves 🌊🌊🌊flow back and forth over your toes. 👣 Put your gathered seashells in the basket. When you return to your room, take time to feel, admire, and listen to the soft sssssh of the ocean in them.

I can't get out either. Your "outing" sounds lovely. Perhaps I'll join you.....the beach👙🕶 ocean 🦀🐳 and sky 🌤are endless. There's room for all 👩‍🦱👨‍🦱👩‍🦳👱‍♂️👧 ! Come along..... May blessings abound . B .

Still in Tucson for a few more weeks. Not looking forward to the drive back to Iowa with our lab. Enjoying the 70's and watching the hummingbirds at our feeder. We've enjoyed populating our backyard with citrus, figs and desert plants.

Ed

I actually got out today. It was only 58 IN FLORIDA. I went to the grocery store, then to the health food store. The sun was out and I could smell the salt air but I couldn't wait to get back to the condo where it was warm in my lift chair with the heating pad on my back.

I feel much better now that I'm back on the regular dose of Remeron. I'll never try that experiment again.

Well, it was a good week. I had almost burned through my ready cash when I got the news I was approved for assistance through my state department of Rehabilitation. I was awarded 8 hours for 5 days total a week for now. That started this past monday. My caregiver I had through the service did the individual certification through them, so I kept her. They consider any agency non medical so you have to find an individual. This is per my counselor. She had a road rage domestic incident last night, and he ran her off the road, culminating in numerous broken bones, lacerations, and internal injuries. Now I am back to square one looking for someone. My counselor is assisting with a list of people he has, but I am really rural, so no one has wanted to make the drive so far.

I'm so ready for this to be over...

I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to happen just when you were starting to get assistance.

Back