PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

I'm not sure what the problem is getting locked out from posting Nikki. I did what you suggested last night and the problem persisted all day today then I just got on now and I can post again. 🤪 crazy.

I told David and he reinstated you again ( and Kevin). Apparently this issue affected other forums using the same server. They think they have fixed it so it shouldn’t bounce you out again

We're heading for Iowa tomorrow, a 4 day drive with help from my daughter and daughter-in-law, driving their car in tandem. Wish us luck with our new misbehaving dog and hotels that are nominally disability friendly. Once there we are going to look for a new living situation--our house in the country (1895) with its 6 acres is getting too hard to manage, much as we love it. It's half an hour from town and medical care at the VA. Don't know what we'll find in Iowa City. Not sure I can make it down to Tucson again.

Ed

Regarding being unable to post because of emails bouncing:
I had that problem. It would be temporarily fixed when I re-confirmed the email, but would then fail again. The fix was to sign in to my email account on my ISP's site (the server side) and add alsforums.com to the allowed addresses (white list). That fixed it.

We are also having wide weather swings, from low 60s to upper 80s.

I am getting along ok, with fewer episodes of extreme air hunger. My CALS has been helping me more at bedtime and that has been better.

Best to all,

Hello again,

I just wanted to give a bit of an update on the last week of my life.

Last week my Dad and I went on a little drive to a tree nursery, we picked out 2 pear trees, one of them being a fruit-bearing tree, and the other one an ornamental that will have beautiful white blossoms. Since I identify as a two-soul my dad said they are his "Joshua" and "Joanna" trees that he will be planting in the yard here when spring/summer is official up here in MT.

Afterward, we went and picked out the paint colors for my room, I went with a nice cream color with a slightly darker shade for the ceiling and went over options for a walk-in shower and other projects that may be useful in the future. We then went to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, which thankfully I am able to eat at still thanks to the enchilada sauce making everything nice and easy to swallow.

I was also able to help my dad get a new phone upgrade for his old one and sat with him until he was happy with all the settings. Thankfully 10 years ago I used to sell Cell phones so doing all of this was 2nd nature for me and he was really happy with it.

I love my dad so much, and I'm so grateful to him, we had a rough start early in life but we've come a long way and I'm glad he's going to be helping take care of me as time passes.

- Joanna

Joanna, that sounds like a lovely week with your Dad. I'm sure it was as meaningful to him as it was to you.

Hoping you have many more outings with your Father.

Good going Joanna, you sound much Happier this week.

Hi folks, I seem to have this problem solved with not being able to login to the site. We shell see. Good day to all.

Al

Hello All,

It's a very sad day in our Country. ALS is sad enough but when mass shootings of children happen, it makes it hard not to cry all day long.

I ended up going in the pool despite my rotator cuff issue. The warm water and sun helped me feel closer to normal.

About a month ago I welcomed this little character into my life. She provides lots of warm cuddles and happy antics. Her name is Emily Dickinson. She and Ace get along just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0783.MOV
    14.1 MB
Your picture didn’t come through. Please try again we all could use a smile. Thank you

Checking in. Sill here. The last stage, losing my voice, is by far the hardest part of this odyssey.

Here's a picture of Emily that isn't a movie file.
IMG_0799.jpeg

Checking in on a Wednesday. Returned from trip to N. Spain for crashing surf and orange blossoms in Cantabria and Goya at the Prado (I look increasingly like his tormented ghouls in the Black Paintings). The trip trounced me. Now nearly summer in Asheville. Sketching the green and leafy view, and listening to the BBC.

GreenCat, the trip sounds amazing, but I can only imagine the planning involved and the energy it took. Asheville is usually quite nice in the summer, so you’re in a great spot if this is indeed your last big trip. We have numerous friends in that area and for the past three years have spent a week or more at cabins in the Western NC mountains.

This has been a tough couple of weeks. I’m still so distraught over the recent mass murders in Buffalo and Uvalde, and last week we had to euthanize our sweet old (20!) green eyed tabby, Lily. Thankfully she did well until the last two weeks, so she didn’t suffer for a prolonged period. Our sheltie Rosie is now an only pet.

This probably isn’t surprising since we’ve learned so much about the depth and complexity of our pets emotional response, but when my wife and I returned without Lily Rosie spent the afternoon lying on Lily’s favorite blanket, which she never did before.

I saw your other post re: pollen, and though I do not use a BiPap the nasal congestion is driving me crazy. I’m convinced it is allergy related, as it comes and goes depending on whether I am inside, outside, how much air is blowing on me from the fan I have on our front porch, etc. Also no evidence of a sinus or respiratory infection, which I hope you do not have. I’ve gotten some relief from Sudafed, saline nasal spray, and surprisingly the Breathe Rite strips.

Our area is seeing an increase in COVID, the flu, run of the mill colds, bronchitis, and a bunch of folks battling allergies. So much so that our local Walgreens is completely sold out of Afrin or other nasal sprays except for the saline spray. I sure hope you find a solution, especially with the mask.

Today my wife was supposed to have her pelvic floor surgery, but last week the surgeon‘s assistant called and rescheduled her for 6/24. He was out for several days two weeks ago (non-COVID) and it pushed everything back.

It is unfortunate because she (and I) were mentally prepared, now we have three more weeks to think about it. I am still highly functional and can help her post surgery, thankfully, but we will have to cancel our early July trip to the mountains and hopefully reschedule for later in the month.

Bottom line is a successful surgery with a quick healing is all we care about, and if we don’t travel this summer because she needs more time to heal, that’s fine.

Be safe, all. Best, Kevin

Back