PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Checking in, we're having cool weather in Florida. My pool is 71 degrees glad I bought a wetsuit for days like these so I can still enjoy the pool.
My neurologist wrote a prescription for AMX0035. It's alittle pricey but figured I'd give it a try. I've been on it for 6 days and so far no side effects. Hopefully it does what they say its supposed to do. Time will tell I guess.
Hope everyone is staying safe from all these covid breakthroughs cases. My daughter who is vaccinated and boosted came up positive. Unfortunately she didn't have mild symptoms and was miserable for 12 days. She has since tested negative and was able to return to her job as a teacher.

We are enjoying winter here. The snow came late, but it has snowed a lot over the last 3 weeks. It is so beautiful with all the snow and the Christmas light still up.

Steve

Hello, all. Thanks for the shout-out Kevin.
Things are going along pretty well in the new year. I am having great difficulty typing, and am using Dragon to write this post. My daytime shortness of breath is increasing, and my doctor has suggested using the BiPAP for a period during the day. I am still able to eat and drink normally, and I am very grateful for that.

My wife and I have received some training on providing range of motion movements and we hope that they will be beneficial.

We are about to go into a deep-freeze with low temperatures in the high single digits. We also have a forecast for somewhere between four and 12 inches of snow on Sunday night. So Monday morning will be more or less interesting. :)

For those in the colder climates-stay warm. For those hot areas, stay cool. 😎

Best regards,

Thanks for stopping in Bill. Sorry about the challenges. Good luck with the weather. We just did the snow and then cold here. Right now 31 here but predicted 6 tonight

hoping for brighter days covid and weather both!

stay safe all

Most of you on the forum know Cathy (blitzc), she is no longer able to post so she asked me to post for her. In July she had a double surgery for a Peg and a supra catheter. She began having issues with constant infections from the catheter which I'm happy to report have finally subsided.

I spend a couple of months up north and usually get together with her. When I went up this winter we weren't able to get together, she was struggling and ended up in the ER for respiratory distress with chest, back and diaphragm pain. All tests were normal and was told it was due to progression. She started to use her trilogy for alittle during the day.

In the beginning of December she was once again hospitalized for low hemoglobin and bleeding. The day she was being discharged her husband was doing a transfer of her into her PWC when he slipped on the wet floor falling and pulling Cathy down on top of him. She broke her right femur and had to be readmitted for surgery to repair it.

I spoke with her today. She said that it is now taking 2 people to transfer her from the bed to her chair. She's trying different things to help her get comfortable but her butt is painful if she sits in her PWC for a length of time. She was hoping to get some tips from the forum to help with this. I told her I'd post for suggestions and let her know. At this time her back is weak, arms are much weaker and her hands aren't working well.

She will continue to update me so I can post for her. She misses everyone here and hopes they are doing well. If anyone has some tips on how to stay comfortable in their PWC please post it here and I'll pass it on. Thanks

Lisa thank you for sharing even though not good news. Please send Cathy my love. It is so unfair that she has been dealt so many challenges. I am going to copy this post to a separate thread in general so CALS can chime in and also because the topic is important in itself

Thank you Nikki. Any suggestions for her comfort would be appreciated. I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

More weather to report here. It is cold - was 7F when I got up this morning and snow predicted for Saturday. They are saying 12-18 inches and probably blizzard conditions. Apparently our last blizzard was 3/18. Blizzards have to have high winds and limited visibility for at least 3 hours besides snow so we can get a lot and not have it be a blizzard. I am happy I have zero responsibility for the snow removal. Just hoping the power stays on!

Stay safe Nikki, and everyone else in the northeast. I sure hope you don’t lose power with conditions that bad.

We lost power for over 48 hours one February. I was living in my house then and had a fireplace but the temp went down to 40 in the house. If it happens this time we will have to go to a shelter

Please let us know how you fare. Best, Kevin

Hoping you don't lose power. Being cold is horrible.

All well here. 30 inches yesterday but the power stayed on. Much of Cape Cod went out early including virtually all of Provincetown. Tough because crews couldn’t even start until last night due to winds. Hope the rest of you in the storm path fared as well as I did

Winter in Provincetown brings back so many memories. My mother's side of the family was from Provincetown. We would visit my grandfather at least twice a year. He was retired from the Coast Guard. Good times.

Bringing this most important thread back to the top. Always love to hear from those who can still check in.

Things are okay here in N. Florida, and I’m still progressing quite slowly.

My wife is dealing with some health issues, which stresses me more than I stress about myself. Nothing catastrophic, but she could be facing a pretty major surgery, though it isn’t an emergency. Planning anything months in advance is so difficult, and Omicron is still very prevalent here, though declining.

Keep hanging in there. Best, Kevin

Back