PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Lisa, I'm so happy for you. I'm counting down the days until I can visit my brother.

I hope everyone gets the shot!

Welcome, Deb. I'm glad you found us. Feel free to ask questions, tell us more about you and participate in all the forums.

Hi Deb
sorry you have to join us. But happy to meet you

it is totally fine to post here any time. The old roll call thread said Wednesday or whenever and I just edited this title. Wednesday was just to give people some kind of structure

Welcome Deb, I'm sorry about your diagnosis but I'm glad you joined us.

Hi Deb. It is so very true that only those with the disease can fully relate. That is why I have found this forum to be so helpful. Like it our not it is our tribe, and I take great comfort in our virtual togetherness.

My wife just got her first Pfizer dose today, at a CVS literally blocks from our house. Unlike my first dose a couple of weeks ago, there was no line, in and out quick as can be. The issue going forward will not be availability, but as the experts have said, will be more about vaccine hesitancy and easy access to rural and underserved areas. Kevin

Welcome Deb, we hate to see any join us here but you found the right place. We're all one big family here. We understand what everyone feels with this disease and try our best to lift each other up.

Happy she got her vaccine Kevin

it will be interesting to see how the feds handle different levels of vaccine uptake. I believe doses are allocated per capita to the states. There is going to a time maybe soon when some states are really struggling to fill appointments when in others people are desperate for appointments. Although Massachusetts is moving to another tier Monday any appointment slots that appear are still being filled instantly. We do have outreach happening to certain populations including a mobile clinic but overall I think our demand is high compared to some other places

Deb, I forgot to mention that my wife and I really enjoyed visiting Leadville a couple of times. We had a large RV up until I was diagnosed, and to escape the Florida heat we would stay out west each summer for a couple of months. At 10,000+ altitude, it was amazing in the summer.

Always loved hiking Turquoise Lake and eating at Quincy’s steakhouse. We were last there in 2017, and eating next to us at Quincy’s was Rich “Goose” Gossage, the Hall of Fame pitcher. I had to introduce myself and tell him how much I loved watching him pitch. He was very kind, and told me he had a place in that area. A really memorable trip. Best, Kevin

In Florida starting on Monday anyone that is 50 can get a vaccine. It seems to be easier here now to book appointments.

Welcome, Deb. Sorry you find yourself here. This is a welcoming community so feel free to explore.

Our vaccine supplies are still extremely limited and I think I found the only place that has been able to keep it on hand. We get our second shots on Tuesday.

In Florida, it depends on where you live. There is a vaccine shortage in SW Florida and our Governor told people to go somewhere else in Florida to get vaccinated. Good grief.

Nikki, it doesn't surprise me that a higher percentage of people in MA will want the vaccine than in FL. We have a lot of anti maskers and anti vaccine people here in the sunshine state.

Thank you, Kim. I hope to participate frequently.

Thank you, Lisa, I appreciate your kind words :)

Thanks for your memories, Kevin. Leadville is the home of my heart. I've hiked its mountains, in every season, all types of weather. Now, I hike those places in my memories and it gives me solace. Turquoise Lake is a favorite of mine but my favorite restaurant was The Grill.

it is totally fine to post here any time. The old roll call thread said Wednesday or whenever and I just edited this title. Wednesday was just to give people some kind of structure
Thanks Nikki for saying that. I always mean to pop over here on Wednesdays but seem to miss it and have thought it was really only for Wednesdays.

Back