PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Hey Marty,
Glad to hear you're still moving relatively well. I won't get on you for falling because I climbed a ladder a few months ago when I share my condo with a man 6'4" but I was stubborn. I didn't fall, just hurt my back a little on the descent.
I've procrastinated in regard to caregivers, too. Right now would not be a good time, even if I felt I needed one. Enjoy your Summer. I'm glad it's warm again, too. I could take 80 degrees all year round.

Is it Wednesday already?

During the lockdown I have been busy doing little projects on the computer. I have been slowly processing the thousands of slides I scanned a couple of years ago. I am probably a month away from having them ready to share with my family. That has been enjoyable work. It allowed me to write a bit of software for specific tasks. For me, that is very relaxing and enjoyable!

I have been out on a few wheelchair rides, which I have enjoyed tremendously!

The Magic Mobility X4 wheelchair continues to operate well after we changed the circuit breaker that had failed.

We are waiting to have the Permobil C500 repaired (from damage the airline did) until the Covid-19 concerns are mitigated a bit more.

The Permobil F5 wheelchair is in the shop waiting for repairs (from when it was stolen over Thanksgiving). Insurance finally decided to repair rather than replace that chair. Their check is in the mail to me and I will put in the order in to NuMotion to start acquiring the necessary parts when the check arrives.

We have wonderful friends that have done most of the shopping for us. We buy a lot online and order a few things for curbside pickup from our grocery store and Walmart (my wife picks things up).

We have not heard official word yet, but it looks like our spring trip to Yellowstone will be cancelled. The park concessionaire that runs the campground (among other things) announced they will not start opening things until after our planned trip would be over. I wonder if we will be able to take any trips this year.

I feel so blessed to live in a beautiful place. When I start getting a bit stir crazy from being housebound, I can just look outside and be reminded of how truly fortunate we are.

Steve

Another Wednesday already, weather here has been beautiful for the last couple of days. I sat outside to enjoy the weather. One by one my husband brought my potted plants to me so I could trim them. I hate that I can't get to them myself but they're inside my rock gardens and I don't want to fall with the surface being uneven.

I've been going to PT and working on my balance it's been rough but I seem to be walking a little straighter.

Tomorrow I have a nurse coming to set me up with my first Radicava infusion. I haven't received the medication yet but she seems to think it will be delivered in the morning. We shall see.

My daughters wanted to take kayaking on Sunday for Mother's day but I guess with an IV line that won't be happening.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

Marty, let me know if you want to talk about living alone with ALS.

Thanks, too, for thinking I'm "young". Retirement was a number of years ago. (I'd say how many, but I'm not good at math :D)
Age is somwhat relative. When I was a kid, my babysitter seemed very old. (I'm also retired now.)

But if you are working on a memoir beginning in 1874, you are definitely old! :LOL:😘

We had below freezing temps last night and freezing rain/graupel snow today. Hope the lilacs survive!

Take care, all
Bill

Hi, Bill -
"But if you are working on a memoir beginning in 1874, you are definitely old! :LOL:😘" :)ROFLMAO::LOL::D:ROFLMAO:)

You're using "old math" where you're adding one each year.
"NEW MATH" requires SUBTRACTING one each year after a certain number.

I may "seem old" to some - BUT I STILL HAVE THE POWER!! B:cool:

1589340194307.png

Wednesday, sunny 44 degrees. Still sitting here watching the world go by.

Hubby and I are doing well with lockdown. Ordering everything we need. Funnily enough when I tally each of our vulnerabilities to Covid he has way more than me! (2:6) But, he’s the caregiver.

Sunny 82 here in Tucson. Also watching the world go by, waiting for a chance to get back to Iowa.

Same here in western PA; sunny, sixties. Pretty nice, I think. Family project going on in the back yard, replacing a raised bed. I'm providing moral support. 🙂

Same weather here in Ohio, wmilo! I sure miss all the yardwork that May brings: weeding (not so much), edging, mulching, trimming,planting flowers, planting vegetable garden. Condo living leaves us with just a small ability to plant annuals or perennials in our beds.

I can't get out as easily as last summer, so watching the season go by from my window most of the time. I have been watching the birds (and a rogue ravenous chipmunk😤) at my birdfeeders. No sign of the female turkey spotted last month. I am hoping she had a wild night with the male turkey and now is sitting on a nest of eggs! :ROFLMAO:

Waiting for baseball to return. I don't care if the stadium is empty...I just need something to watch!⚾

Vincent, we had snow Saturday morning as well. Just about one inch here-not six inches like you.

Watching the world go by from my windows too.
in the absence of typical sporting events to watch, I’m easily entertained by dog videos: agility, fly ball, dock diving, trail running, skijoring, and dog rescue.

Karen, what is skijoring? Not a dog enthusiast so I have no clue.

Back