PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

That’s annoying. hopefully they are working on it and you will hear soon

Thanks for getting a head start on the Wednesday check-in. All of us love hearing from you. Your strength in going this alone (with your caregivers) is incredible. I always take inspiration from your posts, and I sure hope the UTI clears up soon.

Would love to hear from as many of you amazing folks as possible. Steve, still anxiously awaiting the snow pics. Kim, let us know how you are doing after the vaccine. Eric, haven’t heard from you for a bit. Hope all is well. Everyone else, please know I’m thinking about you. Kevin

Checking in, I've been in a funk lately. I feel some progression and finally had to come to terms that I really have this shitty disease. Before it was just a thought since I still was able to do everything. Not so much now.😡 I had to step back from my volunteering at the cat sanctuary some physical things are getting harder.

Enough of the pity party...I did brave it and went into the pool today for the first time this year. It's 75 degrees and I know to you northerners that would be acceptable but to us southerners that's down right cold. I did some laps and stretching exercises so it was productive.

Happy St Patrick's Day ☘to all our Irish friends. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Here you go Kevin. A picture of our "enormous" snow storm results. We received a total of about 5 inches, which quickly settled down to about 3 inches. By the time I took this picture, the storm was over and the snow had settled down to an inch or two..

We do get much larger snow storms, especially this time of year.

I continue to do well, but it is amazing how many little things I have to follow up on. The latest has to do with the damage to our wheelchair van when it was stolen over Thanksgiving of 2019. We thought we had everything taken care of, but one of the repairs has failed. It has been so long that it is out of warranty, though I sure hope they will fix it for a modest cost.

Steve

Attachments

• 20210316_124358.jpg
    20210316_124358.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
Lisa, I'm impressed. 85 is my comfort level. Our pool here at the condo is heated and it's been 85 all week. Hopefully, I'll get in tomorrow when nobody is around and before the cold front comes through. I can't believe we'll be back to highs in the 60s over the weekend. Today it's 80 and lots of people are in the pool.

Vaccination update: Yesterday I ran a fever, had chills, aches and pains and my head had major brain fog. Today, I took a shower and went out for a haircut. The lady who cuts my hair is going on a month long vacation so I had to get it done. Then I came home and cooked, prepped veggies. Now I feel like I did yesterday, plus added back and knee pain from lifting deliveries.

I get the Misfits Market deliveries every week and also, every other week Farmbox direct. They are all organic and delicious. Everything is now being delivered and I can't see myself ever grocery shopping again......unless it's to buy a lottery ticket.

Nice Wednesday here, near 70, and took an outing down to Main Street with my wife. Nice sunshine.

For anyone from this area (it won't make sense otherwise), I saw a green T-shirt that said, "Yinz Irish?" Made me smile.

Lisa, I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Another crummy part of this disease. I'm probably a PITA from "observing" frequently to my CALS whatever I'm having trouble with at the moment ("look what I'm struggling with now"). But she is patient with me.

Kevin - you are an encourager! Thank you! (and Tommy Emanuel is amazing!)

Last edited:
Steve, your comment about the “enormous” snow made me laugh. I was so sure that since Denver and Cheyenne got it good that you would, too. Same thing here about hurricanes. When the state gets hit, even it doesn’t really affect us, everyone contacts me to see how much damage we had.

Lisa, I so get the feelings you’re going through. As I feel my progression, slow as it is, the veneer of semi-doubt dissolves more and more.

Oh, Bill, I’m so glad about the sunshine, your outing, and your enjoyment of Tommy E. What I’ve always loved about him, as much as his mind blowing gift, is his pure love for performing and touching audiences. His joy makes his playing that much better. Kevin

Hi all,

Sorry for the late check in, but I spent St Patrick's day at the VA in ER, which resulted in being admitted. I have been coughing/gagging up small amounts of blood for ten days. I am not vomiting or coughing to excess to bring it up. It just seems to move into my mouth as I clear my throat.

They can't find the source yet, but the are leaning to my esophagus. Anyway they are going to scope it and the trachea tomorrow.

The actual worst thing about this is that my wife and son who drove in from Colorado cannot come to my room. We are stuck with Zoom for now.

Hope everyone had a great St Patty's day. Our 3 to 6 inches of snow never materialized last night, making me happy.

Otherwise we are ops normal in the Heartland

Wilson,
Praying for a quick diagnosis and recovery

Oh no. Good luck. Let us know when you can. So sorry about the visitor issue. That is really miserable. Ops normal? I think not! Feel better

Dave, Hope you get a quick dx and get out of there.

Thinking of you Dave. Keep us posted.

Couldn't wait until next week to chime in. I had a great day yesterday, after waiting 2 weeks after my second dose of the vaccine I finally was able to spend time with 3 of my six grandchildren 😁
I've missed so much of the babies life. I was able to hold her while sitting down. With my balance issues I was afraid of losing my balance if I picked her up. The 2 year old was happy that Grandma was on her hands and knees crawling around playing with him pretending to be dogs. This picture shows how disheveled I looked having a 7 month old and 2 year old crawl all over you.
20210318_110551.jpg

Lisa, that just made my day! Thanks so much for posting this beautiful picture. Kevin

I hope it's okay to write in with an introduction on a Friday. I never seem to think of this forum on a Wednesday. It's one of the days my caregiver comes in to help me so I'm busy with other things. This is my first posting on any of the forums here. I do feel the need to connect, as my ALS worsens, with others who are in the same predicament as me. Even the doctors don't seem to understand what it feels like (physically and emotionally) to experience the slow dying of your entire body. Even though I was only diagnosed in July of 2020, I know I was symptomatic going back at least 5 years (maybe longer) so my progression seems to be advancing pretty rapidly, in my estimation.
A bit about me: 70 year old female, living in Littleton, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. I have two daughters, adopted from China, who, still at a somewhat young age, are having to deal with their mother's decline. Not easy on them but they are bucking up stoically. I lived most of my adult life in the mountains of Colorado (Leadville and Buena Vista) as a community college administrator, and I miss the mountains so very much. I'm a birder and get my little moments of enjoyment through going out in my power wheelchair to bird at the pond near where I live.
I don't know how to fill in the section to the left so will try to figure that out but if you can give me a quick lesson, I'd appreciate it. I do suffer from foggy brain :-(
I look forward to getting to know you all better and sharing this journey we are on.
Deb Lind
PS: I see that it self populated over to the left.

Back