PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Thanks for checking in, Ed. Great to hear from you. Kevin

Checking in nothing much new to report. Tomorrow finishing up my Radicava cycle, it will be nice to have a 2 week break.

Cooler weather is making it nice to do my morning walks. Today I had a goose encounter and not in a good way. 😳 We have a group of Canadian geese that roam around the property. I encountered a male, female and 3 babies. I wasn't close but apparently the male thought I was, he opened his wings bent forward and was ready to charge. I started thinking to myself, crap what am I going to do? I can't run anymore. The only thing I could do was start yelling at him to back off. I looked ridiculous but it worked. 😅 I'll be making sure to avoid them in the future.

Hope everyone's week is going good

You can see people’s last visits by clicking on their name/ profile. Kim has chosen to leave the forum

Hi all. For me I’m back in Google school. Five years ago it was motor neurons, studying anatomical charts and learning a new vocabulary. Now it is cranial nerve IX, the glossopharyngeal nerve, and more vocabulary.

I'm going to really miss Kim. :-(

I've been trying to focus on the positive lately, so I will say I that I'm happy for Fusia and Krismn that you are looking forward to enjoyable visits by friends and family. Sometimes the anticipation is just as fun as the actual event. We just booked a family trip to Hawaii - as some of you know I am maxing out on adventure while this body will allow -- and for me the 'looking forward to' will be just as satisfying as the actual trip. I've already bought my Big Island guide book and it's my nighttime reading now. Fusia - I hope you can avoid thinking of these visits as a 'last dance'. That puts some pressure on us that we don't need. Maybe just think of it as another visit. No one knows for certain what the future holds.

Kevin - Nice job getting to 25. We arrive there next year.

Jessie - I like your description of those New England summer storms. I remember them well, and also really enjoyed them. That rain definitely has a nice smell to it. And thanks for promising to keep our hearts soaring for a long time to come. That works well for my optimism.

I miss hearing from Kristina1.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hey gang! I feel like the townspeople from "Horton Hears A Who"...I am here, I am here, I am HERE!!!! I've been back from our whirlwind trip out west but just haven't had the strength/stamina to write a greeting. These darn hands are so tired.

Jessie- So ssorry about yet another UTI. Such a pain. Like you I have gladly anticipated this cooler system and the much needed rain. Only 58 degrees today with all day rain continuing into tomorrow.

The pollen has been awful giving me terrible sinus headaches radiating into my neck and needing a box of tissues for the day blowing contantly. Does anyone else find nose blowing exhausting?

Kevin- congtatulations on 25 years!

So our trip with the kids (age 23 and 28) to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone was FANTASTIC! Weather was cool, but not awful. We had some snow on mountain roads and one road in Yellowstone had just opened the day we were there. Some roads still closed due to snow. Thanks to Steve, Fusia, and Kevin for your suggestions.

Custer State Park in S. Dakota was amazing with Bison and their newborn calfs everywhere. The Needles highway and Ironman Highway were both breathtaking and nerve racking as there was a snow storm in the high elevations making those narrow roads and hair pin turns scary. Devil"s Tower was worth the stop but not wheelchair accesssible. My daughter and husband took the trail walk around the base.

We stayed in West Yellowstone as all the lodges in the park were just opening the day we arrived or full. Had a great hotel and the restaraunt was wonderful. Marc had bison and elk meatloaf, the kids both had bison burgers, and we shared the most amazing bison chili nachos.

Here are just a few pictures...waiting for my son to send me some from Custer.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image3 (1).jpeg
    image3 (1).jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 113
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 107
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 104
So happy for your planned trip to the Big Island and perhaps other islands, Eric. I have a great story to share about the Big Island at a later time.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Kristina. I so miss her beautiful posts.

Cathy, what can I say? You made moments and memories galore! Your pictures bring back such fond memories, and I can’t wait for more Custer photos. Truly special.

Time to rest up now and get ready for more fun! Best, Kevin

I've been thinking and praying for Kristina since she hasn't posted for quite some time. Does anyone have information to share regarding her?

Eric -I'm envious of your trip to Hawaii! That was one of the places on my travel bucket list, that was canceled due to the pandemic.
Cathy - I'm so glad you had a great trip, loved your pictures.

It looks like the last time Kristina visited the forums was March 17.

Cathy, it sounds amazing! Eric, Hawaii will be rejuvenating. And speaking of rejuvenation, the Celtics won last night.

I am friends with Kristina on Facebook. She had an emergency trach last week. I will tell her you were asking about her.

Baseball game with Cleveland vs Toronto last night in viscious wind and rain. The poor Toronto Blue Jays are stuck heere in the US- not allowed to go home to Canada. The discussion was making Buffalo their summer home like last year. I feel for the players and their families!

More Pictures. These are all Custer State Park in South Dakota and the area around it:

Attachments

• Resized_2.jpg
    Resized_2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Resized_2 (4).jpg
    Resized_2 (4).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 103
  • Resized_2 (3).jpg
    Resized_2 (3).jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Resized_2 (2).jpg
    Resized_2 (2).jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Resized_2 (1).jpg
    Resized_2 (1).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 103
Last Wednesday I said, "The last few days have been in the 80s and 90s, so it will be nice to have a break from the heat." Today, I turned on the furnace. 😐

Cathy, as typing became too difficult, I started using voice programs. I eventually broke down and bought Dragon, but I also used the native speech recognition capability in Windows 10. If you are still comfortable using the mouse, the ability to dictate built into a Windows 10 machine might make it easier for you.

Best,

Happy "Lou Gehrig's Day" everyone! I think it's cool that our 'rare' disease is getting some attention on a big, nationwide platform. I'm using the occasion as an excuse to drink beer and watch the Dodger game with friends at a sports bar in Redondo Beach, which we can actually do now! (thank you, science and vaccines) It's a gathering organized by the I AM ALS group, which I've been working with on ALS advocacy issues.

Cathy - Looks like you had an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures. I especially like that hot mineral spring, and your smile next to the moose.

Back