PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Thinking of you, Clamdigger. I hope your wife pulls through this like a champ.

I am so sorry Clamdigger. Wishing the best for both of you!

Clamdigger, I'm so sorry. This is such a sad disease and when other family members are sick, too, it's brutal.

I have been out of touch for awhile. We had a wonderful spring trip to Yellowstone. The weather was tough, but the trip was great. Based on how hard it has been to camp with our trailer, we decided that we need to make a change. Before our Yellowstone trip, we found a motorhome that we thought would work, but could not come to agreement with the seller on price.

In early July, they dropped the price to what we were willing to pay. We have spent the last 3 weeks working through the process of buying the motorhome, having a few things fixed on it, getting it to our house, and getting it ready to go into storage.

The motorhome is a well-used 38 foot diesel pusher. We have checked to make sure we can have a wheelchair lift installed when the time comes. For now, I can still (barely) make it up the steps into the motorhome. "We" plan to disassemble one of my wheelchairs and carry it piece by piece into the motorhome and reassemble it. That way, I will have a comfy place to sit and can roll around much of the living and dining areas.

We are quite hopeful that this will help us be able to "camp", though in a very different way than I am used to.

Steve

Clamdigger, so sorry about your wife. Hope she pulls through this.

Not much going on here. Quarterly appointments with Neurology and Pulmonary next week.

Otherwise, it is ops normal in the Heartland.

Clamdigger I am sorry about your situation with your wife.

We have had a very hot and humid summer here in Nova Scotia. We been getting feel like temperatures hovering at 40°C with the humidex value. The actual thermometer would be about 35°C outside. For this region, it is very hot, especially because in early June, we were still turning on our furnaces to keep warm. Arms are steadily weakening. Still holding my own otherwise.

Just returned from a wonderful week with wife and 25 year old daughter revisiting some favorite sites in Northern California wine country and the coast north of SF. Perfect weather, good food, great memories, even if I did have a couple of very emotional moments. Hope Signe and Lisa G. are enjoying their trips as well, and Karen, I hope your visit to the Oregon coast went well, too. All the best to everyone. Kevin

Kevin, I’m glad you got some quality family time in a beautiful area. Travel gets harder, so enjoy it while you can!

Scotia, I’m hoping you get some user-friendly weather pretty soon before it actually starts getting cold again.

This morning, the horn players from the symphony I used to play in took me to the park to hear them play horn quartets. The park was shady and a nice change of scenery from my usual seat in the recliner at home. It was nice of them to think of me.

Tomorrow I have clinic. The fun never stops in ALS-ville.

Karen- such a beautiful image! Symphony horn players in the park. A special concert! I hope your clinic visit tomorrow is helpful and not too tiring.

We attended the monthly ALS support group today. Best turn out I’ve ever seen. Dr Meisels, the clinic director for the Hennepin County hospital’s ALS clinic did a terrific talk answering what he perceives as the 10 biggest questions his patients and families ask him. As well as answered any questions that attendees brought up. I thought it was very informative and will be very helpful.

Beautiful weather here- sorry to hear about the heat wave others are suffering. Still doing basically ok, considering...

We've been having afternoon rain. I hear thunder in the distance but no real storms here. I spent an hour in the pool this afternoon, partly sunny. I really worked hard on arms and ROM. I wasn't sure the pool would be warm enough with all the afternoon rain but it held at 86. The air was slightly cooler so it was perfect. Not many people swim in the outdoor pool during the Summer. Lots of travel and Winter-only residents. Sometimes I'm the only one in the water.

My peaches arrived today from Harry & David. I've been getting their peaches grown in Oregon for years and love them. It'll take a few days for them to ripen and I'll eat two a day and give a few to friends. I thought about making peach ice cream in the Vitamix but I'm too lazy.

Karen, your experience in the park sounds lovely. Wish I could transport myself around the country to meet people and see things. Travel is just too physically painful for me. I'd go on a cruise but my vestibular damage causes extreme dizziness and episodes of vertigo.

Clamdigger-So sorry about your wife's health. Prayers for her and all caregivers giving their all to their loved Pals.
Scotia- Glad to hear from you! Your weather must be difficult to deal with. Let's hope for a return to normal soon.
Karen- Concert in the park sounds delightful! (My chair gets boring as well!)
Kim-Enjoy the water for me! It sounds so relaxing.

So I am back from my week long cruise to Alaska. Such an amazing experience!!!! We had my transport wheelchair so I never had to walk any distance except in the room. We ate such awesome food🥘🍲🦐🥙, drank to our heart's content🍹🍸🍾🍷, and saw whales galore!! 🐋 I didn't tire out as much as I expected-perhaps the trilogy was the key. It was heavy and difficult to carry, but obviously well worth it.

The Cleveland Indians are now tied for first with the Minnesota Twins taking on Boston starting tonight! Go Tribe!⚾

This week has been a blur and I'm out of whack after my little buddy was hit by a car on Monday. He was rushed to the vet by the fire department but he didn't make it. He provided a lot of joy and humor and my apartment feels lonely all of a sudden. Some friends are taking me to Burlington VT this weekend for a change of scene.

Cathy, thanks for giving us Sox fans a couple of wins! Now go beat the Yankees!

Attachments

• pulse-image (59).jpg
    pulse-image (59).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 206
This week has been a blur and I'm out of whack after my little buddy was hit by a car on Monday.
The kitty? Oh I’m so sorry. That’s terrible. Deepest sympathies.

Oh Nona! I am so sorry

So sorry, Clamdigger. It's hard when you've been the caregiver to now both of you need help. And to both worry about each other. My husband and I joke that we are in a race with each other to the cemetery. He's got a laundry list of serious health problems only getting worse by the day. I understand.
This week has been a blur and I'm out of whack after my little buddy was hit by a car on Monday. He was rushed to the vet by the fire department but he didn't make it. He provided a lot of joy and humor and my apartment feels lonely all of a sudden. Some friends are taking me to Burlington VT this weekend for a change of scene.

Cathy, thanks for giving us Sox fans a couple of wins! Now go beat the Yankees!
[/QUOTE

Nona, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby. They are more than pets, they are our family.
Clam digger, I hope your wife is doing all right.
Signe

Back