PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Another Wednesday rolling by. Getting back into my routine here. Today I went back to doing my volunteer work with a cat sanctuary in my area. It felt good to take care of some kittens again.

Attachments

• 20190710_111040.jpg
    20190710_111040.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190710_111334.jpg
    20190710_111334.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 155
In process of buying a house in Tucson, becoming snowbirds to escape Iowa winters. Near my daughter's house. Boy is it hot in midsummer, dry heat or not. VA transition underway. I'll have to see how that works.

Ed

Restarted the Edaravone after a break for six weeks. Notice a modest change in energy levels. Other than that, nothing to brag about. Overall, I do feel it helps in a small way.

A close friend asked me to give the eulogy at her mother's funeral tomorrow. I have one pair of black pants that I can still squeeze my A$$ into. Thank goodness for stretchy material. I ended up going shopping and really overdid it. The first store wore me out because I tried on clothes. Then I stopped at the mall on the way home and parked in front of the only store I buy things from. I honestly didn't know if I'd make it back to the car. Why didn't I take my rollator? I guess I'll just keep in in the car from now on. Tonight my back and knee are on fire. All that bending over caused a huge pain surge. I just took an extra tylenol and will take some extra CBD right before bed. I was tempted to take an Oxy but it's too close to bedtime. If I'm in a lot of pain tomorrow I'll take 1/4 of one after breakfast.

I did go in the pool this morning. It was 85 which was the same temperature as the air.

A close friend asked me to give the eulogy at her mother's funeral tomorrow. I have one pair of black pants that I can still squeeze my A$$ into. Thank goodness for stretchy material. I ended up going shopping and really overdid it. The first store wore me out because I tried on clothes. Then I stopped at the mall on the way home and parked in front of the only store I buy things from. I honestly didn't know if I'd make it back to the car. Why didn't I take my rollator? I guess I'll just keep in in the car from now on. Tonight my back and knee are on fire. All that bending over caused a huge pain surge. I just took an extra tylenol and will take some extra CBD right before bed. I was tempted to take an Oxy but it's too close to bedtime. If I'm in a lot of pain tomorrow I'll take 1/4 of one after breakfast.

I did go in the pool this morning. It was 85 which was the same temperature as the air.
Hope you feel better ASAP Kim.

Thanks. People at the funeral noticed that I was limping and in pain but it was nothing like last night. I slept for a good eight hours and ate a huge breakfast. Got through the whole funeral and reception on one Valium and two Tylenol.

I'll get a good night's sleep again tonight and, hopefully, I'll be either in the pool or playing cards tomorrow afternoon.

Forgot to check in yesterday. Still hanging in there. As noted elsewhere, I decided to stop Radicava for now.

Made a quick trip to Dallas last week to see my wife's aunt and brothers. Not as hot as Tucson, but still HOT,

Ed, good luck with changing your VAMC. I have friends that go to Eisenhower in Leavenworth, while I go to KC VAMC. They are 20 miles apart, but when we compare notes, it amazes us how different the processes and procedures are between the two.

Kim, take the rollator always. Better to have it available and not use it, than to need it and not be available.

Otherwise, we are ops normal in the Heartland.

Hello everyone. The heat and humidity has been making my body feel like a pressure cooker, been having balance issues, two very close calls of falling backwards, thankfully was able to maneuver enough to prevent one of them from a backward fall down our main stairs, thankfully my wife was holding tightly to my right arm. The second incident, fell backwards on my hospital bed. Other than two near catastrophes, still hanging in there. 😍

Careful on your balance, no falls!! That's my issue everyday. I don't feel weak (able to go to the gym and use 40lbs on arm machines and 25lbs on leg machines ) it's the balance issue where I feel like I'm in a fog. I can be looking straight ahead to walk but my body moves to the side. I walk like I've been drinking. Very bizarre.

Hope all goes well for everyone today, getting ready to go out to the cat sanctuary that I volunteer at and give some love to new kittens 🐱🐱

Hi everyone. I guess this is my first time to check in on the roll call. A bit over a month since diagnosis, trying to get everything in order.

Got approved for short term disability that will shift to long term in a bit, got approved for SSDI, shaved my damn head, which took a lot of will power after 40+ years with long hair! Trying to simplify and shed my old skin. I told my wife I still have lots of hair, it’s just shiny and pink. Still able to do everything, just not with a full battery anymore.

Sold beloved motorhome, getting crown tomorrow for a bothersome molar, jetting out with wife and daughter for a week in Northern California in 10 days. It’s now or never, brothers and sisters. Fly low, stay cool. Kevin

Enjoy your trip Kevin!

No head shaving here. Just trying to adapt to my new body piercing (G tube) and the fact I’m now needing a hospital bed and more help with dressing and bathing. I hate being so dependent on others for help.

On the plus, the iPad I managed to smash with my lift chair was fixable and I finally get that back today.

Heading to the Oregon coast for a short trip, with all the feeding supplies, etc. The change of scenery will be welcome even though I can’t do much.

Happy Wednesday all.

Enjoy your trip Kevin!

No head shaving here. Just trying to adapt to my new body piercing (G tube) and the fact I’m now needing a hospital bed and more help with dressing and bathing. I hate being so dependent on others for help.

On the plus, the iPad I managed to smash with my lift chair was fixable and I finally get that back today.

Heading to the Oregon coast for a short trip, with all the feeding supplies, etc. The change of scenery will be welcome even though I can’t do much.

Happy Wednesday all.
Thanks much, Karen. Enjoy the coast with all its smells and sites.

A lot of us here look to you for your strength and positive vibes in the face of this relentless b—-sh—t. I don’t know what I would do without my IPad. Wordscapes and other games are my main downtime distractions. K

Kevin,
Have a wonderful vacation. Wish I had traveled when I could still do everything.
Karen,
Glad your iPad got fixed. I use mine a lot......playing games, FB, etc.
What type of hospital bed did you get and what mattress? I'm very curious because my current adjustable bed and mattress is 10 years old and, with all the pain I'm in, I will be moving to a hospital bed soon.
Enjoy your get-away. You would do the same for her.......please remember that.

Kevin, have a great time on your trip.

Karen, we love the Oregon coast. Probably the best vacation we ever had was driving the coastal highway south from Astoria. Absolutely loved the scenery and the people. Spent a great July 4th in Coos Bay. Enjoy!

Otherwise, we are still ops normal in the Heartland.

Red Sox day game, perfectly timed to let me recover from PT. I finally transitioned to the hospital bed. I bought a natural latex topper per advice on an earlier thread and I think it will be ok. Only thing is the edge of the bed is soft and when my caregiver let go of me this morning to shut off my bipap, I fell over.

Back