PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Christmas at home New Year at the cottage up north.
Al

Greetings, all. Coming down from the holidays, and fighting the western PA gloom with a daylight-spectrum light (gift from DS and DiL). Also trying to go into the new year maintaining a "glass half full" attitude - we'll see how that goes. :roll: :grin:

Take care,
Bill

Happy 2019. We've had spectacular weather this week so I've gone to the pool four days in a row to get some Vitamin D.

Still fighting pain and other non-ALS issues but trying to keep a good attitude.

Happy New Year to all of you. I wish you all the best year you can have.

Ed, hand controls work well for me but my shoulders do get tired so it really is for local trips. Good luck with them.

Weather in Florida has been really nice over the Holiday. Christmas Day grandkids were all outside in the street riding new toys. New Years Eve one daughter and her family went out in our boat to hang out on a nearby island. New Years Day another daughter took the boat out with her family and today my brother and I took one of my granddaughters and a friend out tubing. Water temp averaged over 72 degrees; air temp around 78. Too cold for me to get in the water but they didn’t seem to mind. I find being out on the boat cathartic. Great start to the year. Now I’ll work at keeping that thought.

Bill

Happy New Year to all. Had a great Christmas with my son and his wife, though I don't think they will ever get used to eating Christmas dinner while I drink a glass of cranberry juice.

Christmas was really good with family here and dear daughter pampering me by doing everything. It felt funny to contribute nothing but the location and conversation but guess I need to appreciate all I can still do as next year it will undoubtably be less. Then just to show me not to get too comfortable- a few days before New Years I fell pretty badly while walking with my rollator, twisted my ankle - still swollen and hurting a lot. So taking it easy. Thankfully it is gradually getting better. Oh well. Happy new year to everyone!

My wife and I have had a very pleasant holiday season. Christmas was wonderful, as was New Years.

Over the holidays, we have had to make 3 trips to Denver, with a 4th one snowed out after spending 6 hours in the car. All of this has really worn me out, so I plan to spend the first few weeks of the new years trying to rest and get some stamina back.

In the middle of all this, my primary wheelchair has started to act up again. We stopped by NuMotion (in Denver), and they confirmed the new motors and brakes are defective. They have ordered up a new set, so I should be getting my 6th set of motors sometime in the next 2 months. Now, it is just a question of who will pay for them!

I continue to make progress procuring the bits and pieces needed my my Lithium battery build for my four wheel drive wheelchair. I am very excited by that project and hope to have it completely wrapped up and tested before we head to Yellowstone in the Spring (hoping the government shutdown is over by then and Yellowstone is open:)).

Steve

Steve,
A quick question given your expertise in wheelchair matters. My Permobil F3 has developed the habit of dropping to about half normal speed (indoor and normal modes) for no discernible reason. Normal speed will then return on its own. I'll ask the VA to diagnose, but wondered with your long experience if you had encountered this problem. Fully charged when it happens.

Ed

Most likely, your wheelchair is going into what is known as "turtle mode". This is a mode that limits speed for various reasons typically associated with safety.

For example, if the seat is tilted back far enough, turtle mode is automatically enabled.

There can be other reasons for turtle mode, such as motors overheating, brakes failing, and electronics malfunctioning.

I recently had this happen to me due to an electrical component failure. The ICS main controller failed and had to be replaced. Parts and labor were about $1,000. I am currently arguing with insurance regarding who gets to pay for it.

Steve

Hi, Chally, :razz: Flipped you around. Hope it didn't make you dizzy. Now we can see you better. B. 8)

Attachments

• chally 1.jpg
    chally 1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 747
Had an interesting holiday. I was supposed to start infusing on the 23rd but the medicine didn't arrive until the 27th and Option Care would only send me 5 doses because my insurance was changing on the 1st. Never had a pharmacy short any prescription before. Of course they never got around to setting up the new insurance so I never got the rest of the medicine. Then the fight started over who's paying the nurse to de-access my port. Finally got that done at least.

Can't wait to see what happens to the next round.

still here and still able to type with one finger. not much to contribute these days. really miss the input to the humor section. best wishes to all !

Like a hair in a biscuit.

My very best wishes to all of in your journeys!

I was censored and my contributions belittled, I have severed ties to this forum .
If you wish to receive any of the resources I've generated for the ALS community, please search social media for Greg Kenoyer.

Better a day late than never. Went for my second clinic visit on Tuesday. Progression fairly fast.

Back