PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Chally, pictures indeed are necessary! You crack me up so much!!!!!

Cathy

I am pleased to read the updates from everyone.

We had trips to Denver on Tuesday and Wednesday for doctors. Unfortunately, there was a significant snow storm on Wednesday. We spent 6 hours driving on Wednesday and never made it to Denver! Had to reschedule for next week.

I continue to do well, but tire easily.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Steve

I took out my nativity tonight. Since moving to this new condo I'm not sure where to place it. It's very large with 9" figures. I collected the figures over a period of five years. I don't have a tree but a friend gave me a rosemary plant shaped like a Christmas tree. I'll put some tiny decorations on it and then use it for cooking chicken and turkey meals.

Steve, that trip sounds exhausting. My walker came today so tomorrow I will put it together. Glad to know assembly is easy (thanks, Karen.) If I don't like it, back it goes. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime.

Had a wonderful Xmas day and dinner with my family and friends.

Totally blessed

Have a good new year

Oh yeah took a few days recovery after skiing,pictures under hope thread

Still here. Had a low key good Christmas.

Ray

Happy to hear the updates this Christmas week! On Sunday the family came over for a fun cookie making day. My job was to tell everyone where to find everything and watch! Then had a nice Christmas at home with daughter doing all the work to save my energy. Nice small family group of 5. A good week. ☃️��☃️

Despite good intentions have not been keeping up with contributing to this thread. We've been spending Christmas and New Years with my daughter and her spouse in Tucson. Hoping for 70s but after a couple of days of warmth highs are in the 50s. Still better than Iowa winter weather. The terrain is beautiful and we've taken some lovely drives through Saguaro territory and desert landscapes. The lightweight (50-60 lb) electric wheelchair we bought for air travel has survived the baggage handlers and performed admirably once on the ground. Not a usual churchgoer I accompanied my daughter and her partner to a Christmas Eve service. Despite FVC still above 100% I was surprised how my breath ran out singing hymns--a reality check I guess. Wishing you all a happy new year, hopefully one that see major advances in treatment.

Ed

I meant to add thanks to Bill for his suggestion re hand controls. The VA sent me for some training (a couple of hours) some time ago, well before I had any issues, but they may be in my future. I did not find them intuitive to use, but felt I could adapt provided my arm strength holds up. I lack the background with the kind of equipment Bill operated, so my learning curve would be steeper.

Ed

Christmas is over but gifts continue to come to our household. We had our fifth great grand baby today! Emmi Kay came into this world this morning and she is just such a blessing, Sawyer Michael came into this family on November 3rd so I have two blessings to balance out the progression of this beast. On Christmas Day our two year old decided that she could ride on my walker! Works for me since it gives me more exercise! What a joy these little ones are

My dearest husband, Marc, and I celebrated our 30th wedding Anniversary on December 30th. The most spectacular part was a surprise party thrown by our daughter, son, and good friends. I can hardly believe it's been 30 years!!! We have been truely blessed all these years.

Cathy

Progressing faster than I had hoped. Going back to the ALS Clinic in Indianapolis next week for my second visit. My wife and daughter are making plans and decisions involving me without consulting me. Not good as I am not dead yet and need some say on where I will be staying and my care.

That’s me on the right!

60 degrees is my cutoff for “ Comando “

Chally

Attachments

• AAB615B3-B17A-4BB5-A835-AA7127084AE5.jpg
    AAB615B3-B17A-4BB5-A835-AA7127084AE5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 251
No drastic changes. Still here.

Ray

Back