PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

We returned from our month-long trip to Yellowstone yesterday. It was an eventful trip with many challenges. The weather was record breaking (cold and wet!) and we had to deal with many issues with our new-to-us motorhome.

It was a great trip. We saw a surprising number of friends along with wonderful wildlife, thermal activity, and scenery. Some highlights of the trip were seeing Steamboat geyser erupt (the largest active geyser in the world, but unpredictable, so hard to be there when it erupts), seeing Snow (one of my favorite grizzly bears) and spending an amazing day in the Tetons. I will start a separate thread to share experiences from the trip, but it might be awhile before I do so. I need to recover!

Steve

Since people are sharing fall colors photos, I’ll share the view of my back yard this morning.
B65A5FCC-AA0B-42F6-A66E-7F7422F24353.jpeg

So awesome to see colors and landscapes in different regions. Nice pool, Kevin.

So awesome to see colors and landscapes in different regions. Nice pool, Kevin.
Thanks Karen. Used it more this summer for exercise since our daughter was a young girl!

What beautiful yards:) - St. Frances, autumnal colors,, puffy white clouds against a blue sky🌥,; a sparkly turquoise pool surrounded by a pristine, gray-white walkway, brilliant yellow 🌻🌻🌻 daisies and dappled sunlight 🌞 shining through. the trees.🌳🌲🌳

Having spent almost every day of the last 8 months in a bedroom with constantly closed drapes, it's a blessing to see your lovely yards and nature photos.💕🤗🤗 B:cool:

Oh, Beauty, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been inside in a bedroom for so long. I didn't realize that you were bedridden. I thought that you were still ambulatory. I guess that I just assumed...

May these photos bring joy to you today and each day forward! Sending you hugs and well wishes. 🤗 🤗 🤗
It is a starry, clear night tonight with the crisp, cool air of fall settling around us as we returned from dinner out. 🍂🍁✨🌙

Oh, Cathy, how sweet.:) The problem has been 8 months of renovating two bathrooms & "master" bedroom for handicapped accessibility. All the furniture (two dressers, a tall sweater chest, small chest, two cedar chests, small church pew, oak rocking chair, plus two racks holding our clothes are all squashed into the family room. Not to mention all the bedding and 2 bathrooms’ supplies.

We can get the transport chair through the area between the clothes racks and dressers. However, workmen showing up at odd hours and coming and going made things a bit difficult. We didn’t expect everything to take sooooo long! Now that they’re finished and we get things put away, it will be easier to get around. My family has been concerned about my staying home and in so much. We’re looking forward to changing that. Being out is good for my soul🌳🌻🌈☀ .

As long as my arms hold out I can stand and transfer. I cannot “walk” anymore. However, I’m not giving up on being out & about again. We’re working on adaptable options. When I tell my family, “I’m thinking”, they look at each other with the expression, “Oh, gosh! What’s she plotting now?” :cautious: I’m not one to give up easily 🤔.

I’m glad you had a lovely evening. From your description, I can “see” the gentle ⭐ twinkling of the stars against the dark sky; sense the scent of approaching 🌬winter on the wind; and the coming cold ❄in the night air. How beautiful and mysterious is the night!

Thank you for your concern and kind words🤗. May blessing abound - B:cool:
1571457222552.jpeg

Beauty, You are in my prayers for many more days of sunshine, moonlight, and all things beautiful.

Beauty, I hope you can get out and about very soon. I couldn't stand to be in so long. I do everything that I can think of to be out and about. I can do most everything myself but eat and talk right. When I read about how confined others are I think that I'm not so bad off. I'm definitely weaker and having issues with fine motor skills but fortunate for my independence.
First of the month I went to England with my sister. Just for a week but it was wonderful. Nice bonding time for us sisters. We're only a year apart in age but completely opposite, like night and day.
Tonight I'm scheming how to take a friend, whose never flown, on a weekend getaway to Vegas. Keep on "thinking" and making the family wonder what's up your sleeve.

Attachments

• 20191002_131515.jpg
    20191002_131515.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 161
I love those swirly cloud formations.

Cirrus clouds signaling an advancing cold front within 24-48 hours.
I know.... that’s why it’s so special to see the scene before the next weather change.

Back