PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Still checking in, just not as frequently. So far so good.

Time for a check-in as it has been a few weeks.

Drove down to Arkansas to have a visit with my wife's family this past weekend. Enjoyed the travel and the time together.

We are waiting patiently for the appearance of our first great-grandchild, a precious girl. The latest word is our granddaughter will be induced sometime today. We plan on driving out to Colorado in the first part of November to visit.

Nona, is that Winnipesaukee? Our peak will be the first part of November. Unfortunately, our peak in Kansas pales in comparison to New England.

Go Astros, beat the evil empire! :LOL:

Otherwise, it is ops normal in the Heartland.

Go Astros! That is actually Sunset Lake, a small lake in Greenfield, NH, where my uncle has a cottage. I think tonight's noreaster will put a close to leaf season.

Sigh, this in home care is a pain. My wife had to return to work last week, so I hired a service for 3 hours a day, to get me up. Worked fine last week, then the lady got paid. No show yesterday, due to a dr. appointment supposedly, it was 1:00 pm before a replacement got here, usual routine starts at 8 am. No show today and won't answer the phone, the service manager called me first, as they did not show her clocking in via phone. The replacement will be the same as yesterday, but can't get here any earlier due to her prior commitment.

The hardest part of this is losing my independence and having to rely on others...

The hardest part of this is losing my independence and having to rely on others...
Yes!! I 100% agree. Getting lots harder for me too. Hands and legs seem to be going fast. 😬 Practicing with the Hoyer now as I’m struggling to get out of my lift chair and also my already- elevated commode chair. We have a part time caregiver, but it’s still at the point where my CALS has to do a lot of instructing the caregiver, and she has been pretty stressed out lately. I hate seeing her so stressed out. It makes me feel badly. I want to take care of her.

I hate seeing her so stressed out. It makes me feel badly. I want to take care of her.
Karen, we all feel so helpless when our CALS get stressed and frustrated. I hate that I can't do anything to make it better. And each and everyday brings more needs like getting stuck on the raised toilet seat or sliding out of bed during the night.

Mytmouz, I hope you can find a better arrangement with the home care. Sending hugs your way! 🤗

Cathy, did you go on your vacation? I wanna see pictures.

Yes, I need my husband to send me the pictures from his phone to my computer.

We just returned from a week in Cancun at an all inclusive. Mexico is not the best at handicapped accessibility, but the people were amazing and the weather even better!!!!

Karen,
Do you think you have the right caregiver to help CALS? Learning shouldn't be that hard. Do you need to increase the hours, maybe? Or find an alternate? Sorry......I'm hurting for you and trying to problem solve. I'll shut up now......

Kim, I appreciate your concern. I do have some concerns about my current caregiver, but I also think she wants to learn things and has her strengths. We do intend to look at other people to add to the team. Ultimately I’d like to have 2-4 hired caregivers in addition to my spouse. Unfortunately I don’t have any other family members nearby who are able to help out.

I've had quite a bit of disease progression in the last several months, so it’s been an emotionally challenging time for both CALS and me.

I am back from my trip with my husband to Cancun, Mexico. Anticipating the progression which is creeping up (taking over) on me, and being free to travel given my retirement in May, we are using our retirement funds to travel as much as possible. We have never been to Mexico or anywhere tropical. After our cruise, we decided it would be easiest to vacation with everything on site. So we found an all-inclusive resort for adults only in Riviera Maya. There were lots of stairs in our way and the lowest toilet ever known to western style commodes, but we found our way around with the wheelchair and lots of very helpful people. There was a couple from Ohio we met at the pool who helped my husband get me in and out of the pool each day. (I'm sitting in the green floaty on the left side of the pool pic) (Last pic is our pool access right out our room-"swim up suite")

Here are a few pictures:
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2081.jpg
IMG_2052.jpg
IMG_2065.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 131
Thank you for sharing. Great pictures!

I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS HOW BEAUTIFUL THE WORLD!!😍 THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!🤗🤗🤗 . That was a special blessing, as all the nature photographs are! It's so nice to see you all, out-and-about, having adventures. May you all keep being free to enjoy everything that lifts your spirit🌈. May blessings abound. 🦋 B.:cool:

Back