Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Norfolk
Hi Everyone:

I have been having weird symptoms for past 3-4 months.

Started off with numbness/tightness in jaw and face(could be from twitching). Vibrations and Zap kind of feeling in the back(like an earthquake or shakes for a second). My twitches and vibrations have been constant and all over in diff part of body.

Zaps scare the heck out of me...feel like someone shaked you for a sec. Mostly when sitting down.

I also have Twiches/Vibrations and they are most bothersome behind neck and legs. I have spasms on and off for several weeks now, Specially in neck , back and legs. Can twitches cause cramps and spasms.

I feel v weak. specially in my calf and sometime in my wrist. Hard to walk with pain mostly in left leg. Do not know if I see any muscle wasting as I cannot tell. I have 2 small kids and am driving my family crazy telling them I have ALS.

Have gotten all tests, multiple MRI. Blood work. ENT. Neuro cannot make any diagnosis.

EMG is being done in 2 weeks. Worried so much cannot sleep.

1. Is tightness and muscle cramps common in ALS

2.Twitching/vibrations all over on and off 24/7 common?

3. Weakness occur in both legs together. Muscle feel weak.

Cannot walk for more than few mins. Get nerve impulse , zap and dizzy from weak muscles.Please help me and let me know if you felt these as early symptoms.

Thanks so much in advance,
Simsons

Have you been officially diagnosed with ALS? If so, what does your neurologist say about your problems and what medications has he or she prescribed for you to help you get through these problems?

If you have not been officially diagnosed with ALS, you'll probably get a better response from the members of this forum if you stop referring to yourself as a PALS. Until you have an official diagnosis, it is both deceitful and disrespectful to misrepresent yourself to those people from whom you are seeking both assistance and sympathy.

I was requesting help from PALS. Not saying I am one.

Not been diagnosed. Please advice on my above question.

Twitching is twitching - feel good , because when you twitch, you are alive

Tightness and cramps are not preliminary symptoms of ALS.

Trfogey was correct in saying , see a neurologist that specializes in MND.

Showing some attitude will be the quickest way to be ignored.

Glen

If you are driving your family crazy telling them you have ALS, then you are representing yourself as a PALS, so I hope you'll understand how I might have misinterpreted your rather vague title. And you have my apology for my part of the misunderstanding.

That having been said, while I'm sure that your symptoms are very frightening to you, they don't sound like ALS to me (I am not a doctor), and I'd recommend that you give your doctors all the time they need to find out what is wrong with you. Searching the Internet, in the absence of a firm diagnosis, really is about the worst thing you can do. Most of the time, you'll just end up scaring yourself to death with irrelevant information.

Good luck to you and I hope you get a definite answer soon.

Sorry Guys. If you misunderstood. I was under a lot of stress while composing my email, was simply adressing to PALS. My apologies. You guys are so nice. I will keep off Google. It has scared me so much. Cause these vibrations all over and zaping sensation is driving me .... insane. Seems like I am running a fever without any fever. This trembling is v weird.

I will see my neurologist again soon to clear it up.

Thanks again!
Simsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back