Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
does anybody go to swimming pool? if yes, how often, how long do you stay and is it a mineral water?

There are a few of us that use a pool. I have one in my backyard that I try and use daily. Doing ROM and stretching in the water is so much easier on your body. I find an hour a day makes me feel better. And no it's not mineral water.

My husband is trach and vented and with his physical and nurse we get him in some. Carefully!

I try to go in at least five days a week. I stay in 45 minutes to an hour and do mostly arm paddling. I end with ROM.

I have very severe back pain. Sometimes the pool helps, sometimes it makes it worse. The psychological effect for me is way up there. I like getting out in the sun.

Unfortunately, our pool isn't a salt water pool so it does have chemicals. I shower as soon as I come in.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pool! Can't go now due to COVID closures, but prior to that I went once a week for 45 minutes of therapy, and would have gone every day if I could. The pool I use isn't mineral water but it's a therapy pool so warmer, which is important to me because I don't do well with chill. It has a ramp to wheelchair in, but I have also used ones that have a lift and that works too. I can walk in the water, and stretch, and even get cardio, it's amazing. Highly reccommend! :)

@tracyliz agree 100%. i just start to go to mineral swimming pool 15/31 55km away. feel great after long time of non-activity. i stay each time app 4 hours. stretching excercise included for 20 minutes. gas, 2 persons entrance and food (pizzas, kebabs, whatever) - funny price: 40 usd both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back