Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
does anybody go to swimming pool? if yes, how often, how long do you stay and is it a mineral water?

lisa g

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
FORT PIERCE
There are a few of us that use a pool. I have one in my backyard that I try and use daily. Doing ROM and stretching in the water is so much easier on your body. I find an hour a day makes me feel better. And no it's not mineral water.

debwilson77

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
AZ
City
chandler
My husband is trach and vented and with his physical and nurse we get him in some. Carefully!

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I try to go in at least five days a week. I stay in 45 minutes to an hour and do mostly arm paddling. I end with ROM.

I have very severe back pain. Sometimes the pool helps, sometimes it makes it worse. The psychological effect for me is way up there. I like getting out in the sun.

Unfortunately, our pool isn't a salt water pool so it does have chemicals. I shower as soon as I come in.

tracyliz

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
WA
City
Renton
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pool! Can't go now due to COVID closures, but prior to that I went once a week for 45 minutes of therapy, and would have gone every day if I could. The pool I use isn't mineral water but it's a therapy pool so warmer, which is important to me because I don't do well with chill. It has a ramp to wheelchair in, but I have also used ones that have a lift and that works too. I can walk in the water, and stretch, and even get cardio, it's amazing. Highly reccommend! :)

jethro

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
@tracyliz agree 100%. i just start to go to mineral swimming pool 15/31 55km away. feel great after long time of non-activity. i stay each time app 4 hours. stretching excercise included for 20 minutes. gas, 2 persons entrance and food (pizzas, kebabs, whatever) - funny price: 40 usd both.