PALS chat thread ( PALS only please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently on the Oregon Coast for Memorial Day weekend, renting a beach house with family. This has become a family tradition for the last 6 years or so. But this year is different as I’m now using a power wheelchair, but use a walker in the house. So we loaded up the minivan with wheelchair, dog, walker, toilet riser, elevated stand to help me get off toilet, and all our regular travel stuff. No room to spare. I was pretty apprehensive about this trip because I had to find a rental that was wheelchair friendly, pet friendly, and would work for 8 people. Slim pickings.

It rained all day today, so we stayed inside playing board games, watching movies, and just hanging out. The skies are now clearing and I got to see this beautiful sunset. Have a good weekend all.
7669ABD0-B678-4FB6-8EA2-459FB5A6F39B.jpeg

It looks beautiful Karen. Enjoy!

Enjoy your family time, Karen
The inside stuff sounds pretty fun to me.

It poured rain last night and the night before, but can’t complain. We have had company, both friends and family, for the last two weeks! Just relaxing on this three day weekend! Our son is a wonderful cook. Came and fixed dinner for he and my hubby last night and made plans to come back over on Monday night. That’s a treat for them both. Our son downloaded a Scrabble game that we can play together. That’s fun for me, I love games. Happy Memorial Day to all of you. Always proud of my husband for having served through the Vietnam War!

Kathleen

After church I age a huge lunch, then went to the pool. The water temperature was 91 and it felt so good to my muscles. The water was warmer than the air but there was a nice South breeze coming that sort of made the perfect condition. Tomorrow my brother and his wife will come over for a couple of hours in the afternoon. He is not well but can still get around. He'll be 83 this year.

Happy Memorial Day to all and Thank You to those that have served including a shout out to my hubby. The weather here in Ohio is just beautiful. We will be spending the day with my husbands family having a small barbecue. I spent the day yesterday preparing foods that I eat since I'm the only vegan at the barbecue and my husband being the only vegetarian . The family always likes to sample the food and can't believe it's vegan which always makes me laugh . It's good to see my husband having time with his family as our time here is winding down and we'll be returning to our home in Florida.

Kim I am so jealous that you have been able to go in the pool. I have no pool at my condo in Ohio but am counting down the days until we get back home and I can get back into my pool .

Hope everyone enjoys the day today.

Lisa, Enjoy every minute of Ohio. Your pool will be waiting for you. We've had no rain in weeks so they are afraid of fires but the pools are nice and hot, even without the heat on!

I enjoy hearing all about Florida and swimming pools, etc., but I didn’t realize that this chat room was just about that. I’m not asking for it to change...I just don’t think those of us who live in Idaho without a pool should be included. Have a good Memorial Day!

It absolutely is for whatever people want to chat about. If you want to talk about your vacation, your family, your hobbies, the weather...you get the idea! Just like regular conversations this thread will go off in one direction for a while then another. We PALS do love water I think!😀

I’ve been to Idaho once and found it to be a beautiful state. This was back in the days when I used to bike. I enjoyed riding the trail of the Coeur d’Alene and the trail of the Hiawatha. I saw a moose with her babies. So cool.

Thanks, Karen. Many years ago we bought an old boarding house that had been vacant for 50 years and was a real mess. It took 5 years to bring it from a 9 bedroom, 1 bath to 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. The mouth of the Lemhi River is on our property and we have three moose that live in our backyard. 90 people in town and the closest grocery store is 50 miles away! Not for everyone, but in our little town we have 18 EMTs and they are all so good to us!

That’s gorgeous. Pre-ALS, I would have loved to live in a place like that.

I love moose.
Here’s one I saw in Idaho.
E544C1B7-E4AB-40DE-94BB-8DE8C916C7E3.jpeg

They come under the bridge and up on our lawn. It’s kind of like zoo. Deer, moose, skunks, raccoons, eagles, Rive otters, beaver, among other critters. Thanks, Karen, for asking about Idaho. I apologize for being a bit of a brat earlier!

How very beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Your home sounds amazing. And 18 emts definitely is a plus! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back